• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping bunnys cool

charl343

Warren Scout
Hiya does any one have any methods of keeping their buns cool in the summer heat? When I went to pets a home before they had ice in bottles in the runs with the animals, does this work?!

Thanks
Charlotte

Hiya does any one have any methods of keeping their buns cool in the summer heat? When I went to pets a home before they had ice in bottles in the runs with the animals, does this work?!

Thanks
Charlotte

Its better than nothing :D You can buy little fans to attach to the cage too. Try and keep them in the shade as thats the best method of keeping them cool, lots of cool water around and a good air flow. I never keep my buns in hutches etc when its hot because there is nowhere for the hot air to go, in the run or the crate the hot air can pass right through, if you understand that? (I know what i mean :oops:) Xx

mine also have a slab of granite stuff (worktop saver from asda :thumb:) which stays cool to the touch whatever the weather and they both like stretching out on that :D

I bought a crate fan off ebay for Rudy this year am hoping it will be useful. I have also got one of those bottle covers but have forgotten the make though. Also pop ice cubes into the water bottle when it get really warm

My bunnies are absolutely useless - they stretch out in the full sun, ignoring the nice shade that they have. And they ignored all the nice cold things I put in for them last year (granite slabs, frozen bottles, wet towels etc). So this year I'm just going to go with trying to create as much shade as possible, so they have no choice but be in it! :roll: :D

Agree with all the above!
I have a chin chiller *although its used as a heat mat for my straighteners lol - got a cage fan but I dont know here I have put it :s... Guessing I am having to go shopping again soon.
Mine hated the frozen bottles and wet towels and everything :s....
But they are in the darkest part of the garden so its always quite cool where they are - and I will get a new fan cos Snowflake loved it - she would sit in front of it with her lips andd ears blowing lol:lol:

Yes they do (surprisingly) but they like laying on cool slabs and stuff anyway. Smokey keeps eying it up for nibbling though!

My bunnies are absolutely useless - they stretch out in the full sun, ignoring the nice shade that they have. And they ignored all the nice cold things I put in for them last year (granite slabs, frozen bottles, wet towels etc). So this year I'm just going to go with trying to create as much shade as possible, so they have no choice but be in it! :roll: :D

Mine do the exact same thing!

Dont know if anyones seen the new icepods from scratch and newton? but they seem pretty good - bought me one * for the bunnies:lol: * saves me having to give them back their chinchiller.

Back