• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Terrible bonding!!

Skye

Young Bun
Well today I decided to try and bond my buns, Tobie and Tilly together! What a disaster!! Put them in a run, in a neutral place in the garden, Tilly took one look at Tobie and flew at him!! She just totally attacked him, Tobie maanaged to retaliate a bit before I seperated them! Now Tobie is in his run and she's in hers, and I tell you if looks could kill Tobie would be gone by now!! I just don't know what to do now! I really don't want to have to go through that again, it was terrible to watch and so upsetting to see Tobie completly traumatised afterwards. While Tilly just looked like, yeah I put him in his place!!

I'm not sure this bonding will work! Any advice or views would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Karen xx

Exactly the same happened to Totti and Brody when I first put them in the garden... I froze in horror and didn't attempt it again for well over a year.

By that time they had got used to being in sight and smell of each other so although it took a week, it wasn't as traumatic.

Is there any way you can have them within viewing/sniffing distance of each other so they get familiar with each others smell?

Good luck

It's really stressful isn't it. I've got no help sorry, I'm going through something similar just now too! :cry: I think I just need to pluck up the courage to let them sort it out themselves.

Maybe just take it really slowly - get them living alongside each other first/swap their homes/toys etc & see how it goes from there:D

Could you post to see if there is someone who is happy to help with bonding in your area?

They live beside each other at the moment and seem fine, through the bars just not up close!! There is a rabbit rescue not far from here, I think I'll give them a call and see if they could help with bonding, for a donation of course!

I don't think I could do it myself again!!

Karen xx

Back