• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy has been spayed today !!

:) well it had come to this for her being spayed that is:( as she was starting to become cage aggressive towards me every time I put my hand in her cage (home) to feed ,try to stroke her body,ect....... so.
i did not want to do this to her. but she had bit me again (2nd time) round and it happened on the day she was going to have her injection for vhd .
i after this latest bite on the hand. i decided that i had, had enough of her naughty anttics in her cage behaviour .
so i reluctantly decided to get her spayed and put her out of her wanting a boy friend to sudenly apper for her which was never going to happen .

I was reluctant to letting her go to the vets for this op today (friday 1st June) as i had doubts about weather she would pull through the anestetic stage in the op but thankfuly she has .
she is still grogy (disorintated) and still under the anestetic and pain killers that she was also given earlyer today .
aparently did have a nibble of something at the vets but I have seen nothing been eaten yet or drank (water in water bottle) .

which is worrieing me slightly . :(

if Poppy had not biten me she would still of had her bits inside her. but i thought she had gone to far with me so I had her done.
in other words gone over the line .

i think we will be both happy this way :) and plus she won't get that horrible cancer of the womb ,uterus ect and brest cancer which appently thay can also get in the female bunny .

I think the next 24 hours are going to be a test to see if she gets through the night (cross fingers).

I feel usless at the moment as I can't let her out of her cage for her excerise and stroke her.
i feel sorry i had to do this to poppy to as she was hoping around this morrning out side her cage until i put her in her box to take her into the vets for this frightning op.

my advise for any one who wants to spay their does is think about what you are doing befor consenting to having them done meaning their womanhood took away from them .

I did not want to do this to her but had to as she was starting being aggressive towards me which is not my real poppy would normaly do to me.
i personaly blame spring ,summer for this behaviour change in poppy .

as winter , autum she was a happy and fine bunny to be around with. :cry:
that was until now :cry: :cry: :(

iam still mad at myself for putting her through this nightmare of loosing her womanhood as she was only just becoming it.
and i took that from her .:(

i hope my poppy returns soon not this moster she was becoming .:evil: :)

i will try to keep you all informed of her progress ater tonight has passed things don't seem good i have to admit for her .:( :( :?

Hiya she'll soon bounce back from the op. It is the best thing to do as the risk from cancer is sooooo high is their not spayed. My last to be spayed (Pippa) will be done in the next month or two. Most people and vets will recommend to have the op done so you've done the right thing. Try to tempt her with any fresh food you can think of. Dandelion leaves, grass and spring greens were the things which got mine to start eating again. It took Khyber alot longer to start eating than Millie, just goes to show there all different.
She'll be fine there back to themselves very soon.

Healing vibes being sent to you.

-

it's like that song by within temptation WHAT HAVE YOU DONE NOW!!

and thnks for you help to on this I will try her with dandilion leaves tomorrow as it's a bit late now .
my vet said to feed her, her normal food wich is pellets for her .
but she won't eat this it seems so I will try her with a dandilion leaf as she likes these. and that curly Kayel cabbage she will only eat this as a fresh food apart from dandilion and a new intreduesed plant Nettle dried out first befor giving to her .

I know it's important to get her eating again i will try tomorrow she might feel up to it hopefuly by this. :)

I wouldn't wait until tomorrow, 12 hours without eating will not be good for her. Try and find some grass/greens/dandelions for her to eat now. And give her a bowl of wter, under the weather rabbits invariably prefer drinking from the bowl than from a bottle - less effort involved.

I was a nervous wreck when i had my doe spayed last month, god knows what i'll be like when I get my buck neutered, hes my baby!!

Fingers crossed for poppy.

I know what you mean!!! I have just posted a thread asking if it has to be done but I feel horrible about taking them to have it done :cry: does it make them less agessive? All the best for Poppy

Esther x

Back