• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aduki beans/plants

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know if they are ok for bunnies? Or even humans?
I used my sprouter but then forgot to take them out and now I have lovely aduki plants :rolleyes: I don't want to waist them though.

Aduki beans are lovely for us human ( i like 'em anyway) but beans are a no no for bunnies as they are gaseous. Not sure about the plant though....:lol: You could eat it in a salad I guess :lol:

As this Adzuki bean is a legume, I would not feed it to rabbits. Legumes like beans, pea or lentils are not good for rabbits.

Thanks for everyones advice :D
Budabun, a sprouter is a plastic thing with different levels in and the bottoms of each level has holes in like a steamer. you sprinkly seeds on (like aduki) then poor water over and in a couple of days you have sprouted seeds. Dr Gillian said its good for you :D

I grow alfalfa sprouts to eat in salads in the winter when we can't garden. I just grow them in jar with a cloth rubber band-ed on top--I soak the seeds overnight and then dump out the water through the cloth and rinse them a couple times a day for 3 to 7 days until they are an inch or so long. For extra vitamin C, set them in the sun for a bit before eating. They are to be grown in a dark place and stored in the refrigerator if you don't eat them all right away. You can grow all kinds of seeds this way--carrot seeds might make great sprouts to feed the bunnies!:bunny:

I am sprouting some adzuki beans right now, too (my pet birds like them!), and was actually going to ask the same question.

I understand that the beans themselves are a no-no, but do you all really think the SPROUTS are, too?

Thanks!

Michelle

Back