• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could you have a allergy to megazorb?

catherine

Warren Scout
My mum has had this cough since apirl (about the same time we switched to megazorb) the dr thinks she's allergic to Tango but we don't think so because he's been inside since september. Could it be megazorb or could it be the hay?

Probably more likely to be the hay but could be either. When I'm mixing hay etc I put one of those decorator dust masks on!

I'd say more likely the hay too - this last lot i've got in is making me terrible. My nose is red from blowing and sneezing - gonna have to get a mask too i think!

Megazorb can be a bit dusty, but its heavy dust and doesn't seem to travel far once you've put it in their trays.

I think they are both lethal and I do worry about how it's affecting my health with all the stuff I have to handle for 26 animals - I always breathe through my nose rather than my mouth, try not to talk, blow my nose after (yuk - sorry peeps :lol: ) and hold my breath when I'm filling trays with megazorb. I haven't dusted the piggy room for ages and the very sticky (odd) thick yellow dust is megazorb, so I dread to think what it does to your lungs.

megasorb makes my asthma bad and makes me sneeze and my eyes run..as does most hays..but im fine with timmyhay 2nd cit from bunny basics so im sticking to it.my buns thank their lucky stars ihave allergies!!:lol:

I definitely recommend those cheapy dust masks you can get from Wilkinsons etc. The neighbours think I'm a complete loony I'm sure, but I always wear one when the dust is flying now.

Back