• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your Rabbit Sulk after going to the Vets?

Roz

Warren Scout
I took Alice to the Vets last night as she had a sore eye and to talk about injections (as I don't know when she had any last). She was really good while we were down there, let the Vet look in her ears and in her mouth, but once we got her home she kicked off big time. She wouldn't come near me or Kev, she ran in to my mum's room and sat in the corner and sulked. So I thought OK Madam, I will leave you to it and see if you come looking for me. She stayed with Mum for about an hour :shock:

So I took the chance to clean her cage, as she hates the vaccum cleaner, and made it all nice for her, thinking once I had finnished she would be back in to see what I was doing, but no, she was not at all interested. So in the end I had to go and get her! She came in with help and promptly got in her cage and threw herself down in her bedroom end :shock:

She eventally came out and saw Kev and I, but this was about an hour and a half after we came back :lol:

My Smirnoff sulks if I do anything:roll: When I moved house, he proper stropped for weeks:lol: Just a little thing like putting him out in the garden (he has to go out as is part of a group of buns, but he's the only one who hates it) - that sends him thumping & nipping for hours:oops: :lol: Even when they come play in the living room - he hates change. All the others will explore & play, but Smirnoff hides in a box & that's it:lol:

Oh yeh! Last time Maddie went, she had a right strop on there and also with me when she got back home! Avoided any strokes from me for two days I'd say - so she was my bfs best friend all that time :lol:

Loki had an amazing sulk last night after we got back from the vets. When I opened his carry box he stormed out flopped himself on his blanket in the kitchen facing away from us and made his displeasure abundantly clear! He moved when I tried to give him nosey rubs and this went on all evening until I brought out the Apple Snacks and then he became my best friend again :D
I'm not above bribery!

Mine sulk after coming home from holiday boarding! They won't let me near them for a few hours and are generally just grumpy!!

Trouble is I have to do her Rear Guard this weekend so even more sulking I expect :roll:

Inky had a massive sulk this morning when I rounded them up while I went shopping. Smokey sulks when I check her bum. A trip to the vet results in a sulk. Really, anything they don't like, they sulk (bit like their owner)!

Yep, I usually get feet flicked at me from both when i let them out of the carrier after returning from the vet... talk about make you feel bad :roll:

My two sulk at the slightest thing :roll: like buying substandard hay, daring to move anything in their room! Poppy will actually run up to me, stop, turn around and sit with her back to me :lol: :lol:

Rudy will sulk from the moment he is back in his carrier. When he comes back home he finds somewere to hide completely igores us and goes to sleep for at least half an hour. The whole thing stresses him out and that why he sleeps but he does sulk too lol :lol:

Buu sulks if I dont go running over to her the minute I get out the back door :lol: Trip is the only one who doesnt seem bothered by going to the vets :D

Hahaha they all sound way too familiar - mine arent so bad at going to the vets and get extrmely affectionate with me when we are there cos they know I would never let anything happen to them - but come home - you may as well be the devil himself for all they care lol

ahhh buns are so cute!!!! Benjamin doesn't really seem to mind the vet, he's such a chilled out, laid-back, friendly bun, but Imogen is constantly stroppy anyway! I've never really been able to bond with her, she just hates human contact :cry:
I have two extremes of bun!

Back