• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny tunnels

buddabun

Warren Veteran
are they safe to bury? I'm thinking it would be fab to dig them into the garden and have a little underground warren for my buns!

Any suggestions? Anyone done this before?

Do you mean the soft ones. I read a thread on here a while back where someones bun got stuck in between the lining of the tunnel. I would worry bout that. How about the tunnels they use on building sites? They have a proper name but dont know what it is:oops:
Tracy

I think its a really lovely idea, but I've seen people on here with similar set ups say it was a mistake cos you can't get them out if you really need to- like if one was injured or you wanted to shut them away.

they would only be short ones... I was thinking more those green extendable tunnels advertised everywhere (can't think offhand what they're called)... Would definitely NOT want bunnies to get stuck so maybe I should contact a building yard/skip to see what I can get in the way of sturdy stuff...

could you do it like bury a wooden box underground and have a removable lid which you could get to from ground level and build a tunnel down to it? so they are technically underground but nice and easy to get them out :D

(when i was younger me and my freind spent an entire day digging a huge thing of interlinking tunnelsin a big mound of soil. her buns really like it until her giant came out and stood on onw of the 'bridges' thumped and collapsed it all, at least we got the exercise out of it :lol: )

(when i was younger me and my freind spent an entire day digging a huge thing of interlinking tunnelsin a big mound of soil. her buns really like it until her giant came out and stood on onw of the 'bridges' thumped and collapsed it all, at least we got the exercise out of it :lol: )

hahahaha I did that last year at uni with a big mound of earth we had... I had GREAT fun digging about but the bunnies wouldn't touch it! My friend's piggies LOVED it though - somewhere to hide...

I will have another think about tunnels etc, no rush now as we don't move for another week and a bit anyway.

Back