• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny

Sas-Jd

Young Bun
Well he is housed on his own now...he was with a g-pig (all his life) but Patch got eaten by a fox. so me not knowing best i go get 3 g-pigs for him to go with but got people telling me he shouldn't be with g-pigs but he doesn't get on with ny rabbit so now on his own...

Any advise?

Now i have two hutches and a garden for them to run in either sometimes together with us watching and then a timetable of whos out this ok?

Is it mean to let them lie on the back and sleep in your arms? i got told off for it.

As you can see he has a fungal infection on his nose also on his willy what is it? he is being treated for a year now the vets said its going to stay ...it goes in summer but back on him in winter...
first pic didn't work i have pictures of him in a little rabbit thing he had on when he came...some of you know under rehoming section the buns from manc he was from there a year and half ago *No money asked*

hope you dont think i'm mean with him dressed up...:roll:

andrewspictures027.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like Vent disease, or rabbit syphillis to me:

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rabrefs.html#syphilis

This is contatious (sp) so personally I'd keep him as a single rabbit and not bond him with another rabbit as they will catch it too. And as for guinea pigs, they're a completely different species with different dietry requirements, so should never be bonded.

Personally I don't find it at all mean to lay them on their backs to groom them underneath or check teeth etc - but I wouldn't leave them on their backs for any prolonged period of time - its not exactly a natural position for them.

And sorry but no I don't think its right to dress them up, they're not toys.

Agree with Walnut earth..I'd suggest a more rabbit-savy vet to sort out your bunnies condition and keep it in quarantine until you are sure what it is. This means not touching anybody else's rabbits either...unless you have changed your clothes and washed and disinfected your hands first.
Also the only time we have put a bun in a baby grow is to stop them nibbling stitches after an op.... they shouldn't be dressed up like a doll:roll:

Ok thanks for advise. sorry for dressing him up he was hand reared quite young cause the women who had him the mum died and i dressed him up for pictur of him i have one of my kissing him but didn't post that. He aint been dressed up long just for photo snaps.

we are all learning all the time re animal care..myself included..I would suggest you might like to have a look through the reference section here to bump your bunny knowledge up..it will help you and your pretty bunny boy!:D

Yeah he ws born on my birthday which makes him even more special..bad thing is am allergic to him but i dont mind suffering for a cuddle lol.

Back