• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send vibes

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
For Chloe and Ebony, both having a spay today. A vet who's not neutered my bunnies before is doing it :? . Had a chat with him this morning and he's very clued up, he use to own his own practice, but didn't like the stress so gone for the easy life working for someone else and he's done bunnies before so I shouldn't be worried :D

Here is Chloe (the white bunny with the hay stuck to her face :lol: )

S4020153.jpg

and of course Ebony, who Carys is having.

P5051402.jpg

I must do some work as I'm going to have to come in tomorrow at this rate :(

I hope everything goes well:) Sending some healing didge vibes to them. They'll be meditating in no time.

Well how much of a :censored: do I feel :oops: . Got to be honest I never checked, when they dropped him off :oops: Ebony is a boy, he's being castrated today :lol: :lol:

Well how much of a :censored: do I feel :oops: . Got to be honest I never checked, when they dropped him off :oops: Ebony is a boy, he's being castrated today :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

That happened with Alex formerly known as Alice:shock: vet flipped him over when i'd had him a week & there were plums the size of - plums!

It's well-embarressing when you are standing there with a new vet talking about your 12 buns or sommat:roll:

:lol: God it's alwfull isn't it, I could feel myself going red when she was telling me :oops: :lol: . She was like it's not like you, I was thinking I hadn't even looked to be honest, as she was only brought in on Monday and i was suffering pre new bed tiredness (that's my excuse anyway :lol: ) . I was even walking around with teh he-she on Tuesday night having cuddles and never checked then :oops: :lol:

I sent the original owner an e-mail about her being a boy and she replied

we kind of suspected she/ he was!!! bob says what a lovely
>enviroment she is now and we are so happy because of that. thank you
>for keeping us informed. me and my son did not come because he was
>too upset. but we feel reassured we have done the right thing for
>her/him.
>

I replied

Well Ebony has had a quiet word with me and he said the reason he was so grumpy with you is because, he had such a girly name and he felt that he had to act macho to compenate.

He's settled in very well and seems really happy and you're more than welcome to come and see him with your little boy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you don't mind me hi-jacking here and sorry to go on about plums, but can I ask a silly question??? Still waiting for my Frenchie's plums to drop (he's just over five months). The Vet checked again yesterday and is adamant he's a boy, but will they just appear and I won't be able to miss them, will I? Silly question I know, but as he's developed a liking for ankles we're keen to get him neutered ASAP. :oops: Claire x

Hope you weren't asking me as I thought a bit was a girl :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought they dropped like over a few day period.

Thanks, Tree! I've been told I won't be able to miss them, but I tell you, I'm becoming "plum" obsessed, especially as I want to get Humph done before I go on holiday in August - I don't want him to be attacking my Mum and Dad's ankles. My Dad had to take me to Hospital with my ankle and five weeks on, it's only just starting to heal up - think it put him off looking after Humph a bit! I've just said they have to bring their wellies around and put them on when they let him into the garden:lol: Claire x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He might try and hump there feet though :lol: , yuo can't miss them really if you look. He's going have big ones being a big bunny too.

Awww glad both are ok and well my little girl has pulled through after having her knackers off so I am very happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad little Chloe is ok too :D

Whoops by the way guys both are doing just dandy after their ops :oops:

Awww glad to hear they are both doing well after their ops! Tree you are hilarious!!:lol: I must admit I would have no idea whatsoever how to tell if a bun was a he or a she or indeed a he/she...!!:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Tree! I've been told I won't be able to miss them, but I tell you, I'm becoming "plum" obsessed, especially as I want to get Humph done before I go on holiday in August - I don't want him to be attacking my Mum and Dad's ankles. My Dad had to take me to Hospital with my ankle and five weeks on, it's only just starting to heal up - think it put him off looking after Humph a bit! I've just said they have to bring their wellies around and put them on when they let him into the garden:lol: Claire x

How old is Humph? It could be that they haven't dropped and are being retained. I bought a German Lop buck from holland last year who only had one testicle, the other one you could feel under the skin but had never dropped, there was no sack, nothing. I hoped mating him would make it drop but it didn't, So I moved him and his daughters on as pets as its a hereditary condition. Might be worth depending how old he is getting a vet to do a more thorough investigation!

Have to say ankle biting sounds more like female behaviour though :? You SURE Humph is a he?

Last edited:
Hi WalnutEarth! Well, according to three Vets, Humph's a HE!:lol: When I took him for his neuter the Vet thought he would be able to have a rummage for them, but he couldn't find them. He told me to wait another month (that was five weeks ago!). He's been seeing another Vet now about his eye and we've been checking once a week for the appearance of plums. When I took him yesterday, the Vet checked again that he was a boy and showed me his willy :oops: so accordingly to both Vets he's a boy. Does anyone know if Frenchies take longer to drop their plums? Thought I read this somewhere, but I can't find it. Humph was born on 20th December 2006, so he's now 5 and a half months old. Any ideas, anyone?? Claire x

Back