• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

spring greens?

suzy_d

Alpha Buck
hey guys,

I give up... i have searched high and low for a pack of them but can't find them anywhere!! can any point me in the right direction... asda..tesco..space?!? also what does the packaging look like (in case im being dumb!)

:D :D Thanks xx

I get mine from Tesco, they are with the cabbage and other green veg:lol:

They are in a plastic bag and there are 2 in a bag
x

Any of those supermarkets should sell Greens! They're typically next to the cabbages or brocolli and other green veggies. Packaging varies, but normally in plastic bags - just try asking someone in the supermarket?

Strangely i've had trouble finding them lately although Morrisons have had them

They look like 2 longish loose cabbages in a bag:D

I get mine from either Tesco or Sainsburys. Sometimes they are just labelled "Greens", but if you look on the small label with the date on, it usually says "Spring Greens". My three love them and I believe they're very good for teeth. Claire x

Tescos do them but they're not very good quality, small and very expensive - mind you they've hyped the cost of their savoy cabbages up to nearly £1 too:evil: :evil:

I am anti Tescos at the mo and am going to write and tell them so ..........

Sometimes they're labelled as spring cabbage but they don't look like cabbage, they're long green leaves

I get mine from Tesco, they have been really nice this last few weeks but I think the season for them will be over soon. :)

I get mine from Tesco, they have been really nice this last few weeks but I think the season for them will be over soon. :)

Aren't they always on sale? I never notice they are not in :? Or do you mean when they are at their best?

Our tescos has stopped stocking them which is rather irritating as we use them as a base food :evil:

Michael my eldest seems not to be able to find them in Tesco :roll: where as I go straight to them :D As has been said they are near the brocolli and caulis :)

I've always bought them all year round, although one lot I had last week had one small bunch of spring greens and a pointed cabbage in with them, but I couldn't remember if I got them from Tesco or Asda as I go to both, so I couldn't take them back to complain.:rolleyes:

Tesco's are currently labelled as "greens", but they're usually around 68 - 78p per bag with approx 2 bunches in each bag. They did go up to 99p a few months back though much to my disgust!!!:shock:

I get mine in Tesco's, labeled 'Spring Greens' mine are chopped already, comes in a bag with a green band across the top:D

I can't seem to get hold of them at the moment. I usually buy them from Morrison's or Tesco - neither seem to have them at the moment and the buns don't like any other sort of cabbage. I'll have a look on the veg market tomorrow.

I had the same trouble! I didn't even realise it was one particular thing for about a year :lol:
Once I realised what they were I can usually find them evry time now. Sometimes they are just called greens. Just to add to the confusion!

If you go at a not too busy time could you ask someone where they are? Otherwise, green grocers and markets often have them. Good luck with your hunt! Otherwise you'll just have to start growing them :lol:

Back