• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Cleo's having her teeth out

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Pooor little Cleo is having her front teeth taking out on the 12th of June. She was havinga problem grabbing food with her teeth this morning they kept faling out her mouth, bless her. Good job her appointment was today. Vet nurse said the others have great teeth, Cleo's had them cut today so she can eat but this means going under GA twice whenthe vet said it is always risky even once:(

We can't have her nueterd at the same time cos we haven't a spare hutch, Buttons was done yesterday and Casper was going to get done the same week Cleo's appontment is so thats been put back. We were going to bond the boys together so Casper's hutch an be used for recovery cos the girls are in the big hutch my dad made means splitting them up.

Even if i got her spayed same time that ens takng her away from hermum and sisterfor atleast 6 dasthats what it says in a leaflet i got in cage rest, but with the other 2 still not spayed atthe time i'm not sure putting her back would work and thats 3 single buns in our garden not omething my mams keen on. :(

Just thought id let you know you dont have to seperate them at all, you can even take the bonded group to the vets together, sometimes it helps them recover quicker and is less stressful because they have their friends there.:)

Yeah i thought about that but hey live in a huge hutch ths is it

DSCF0161-1.jpg

DSCF0163.jpg

It has a ladder to which goes o the bedroom area and if she's just been spayed i wouldn't think it's safe for her with her being able to run around in it rather than resting.

If i could find away to keep them together but Cleo won't get hut then i'll book her spay in at the same time:)

depending on the size of the vets you go to you could probably have the girls speyed all together i know my vet neutered 2 of my boys on the same day last year :?

im so sorry to hear about cleo's teeth :cry: heres hoping she has a full recovery! i have a spare hutch if you ever need it it doesnt get used and is a good size its a hutch run combo.

I couldn't get all 3 done aswell as her teeth at the same time. The girls are under the PDSA with my mam so don't know if they would and also when she goes in she'll be about 23-24 weeks will she be older enough. :?

The PDSA nurse is phoning my ma back today and my mams going to ask her but i'm going to put the girls in Buttons 6 x 4 hutch together for a couple of days while she heals, i know it's not ideal but it's only a while she heals up without seperating them. There small breeds anyway and 2 of the girls are ill young therfore not grown to full size yet teeny tiny.

Thanks for the offer but my dad would freak, he's moaning already Cleo's to much trouble cos the vet said to bring the car rather than take the metro cos she's going to b recovering from GA and it's abit of a travel from us:(

i see what you mean i would probably get cleos teeth done first then in a couple of months time get her speyed some vets might not want to keep a rabbit under aneasthetic for a long time taking teeth out and speying as both are probably big ops :( 23-24 weeks old is fine for a bun to be speyed/neutered its probably better getting them speyed when their young anyway stops them from becoming territorial ;)

Yeah thats true buti heard some vets prefer doing both to cut therissk off going under GA to many times, mams going to talk it through whenthe nurse rings back to see what shethinks is the best thing to do:)

Hmmm ewll my mams just got off the phone an they don't do them till there are 6 months of age but i guess every wheres different. They also said they can only do one at a time but i can sill keep them together while they heal.

Back