• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent-ARC Need Your Help- SORTED!! :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
ARC have been contacted by a Housing Officer who request help in removing 60 (YES 60!!) Rabbits from a property. These Rabbits MUST be out within 4 weeks.
On Sunday Donna is going out to the property with the HO to assess the situation and take the Rabbits in most need. At the moment we have Foster places for about 21 Rabbits and another local Rescue has also been asked to help. But we still need more places, either in other Rescues or in Foster homes within travelling distance of Christobel's Surgery in Twickenham SW London.
If anyoneone is able to help PLEASE PM me ASAP

Janex

Last edited:
I can most likely help the end of next week. Im away this weekend and have at least 5 rabbits coming in next Thursday when I get back but should still have plenty of space.

I can most likely help the end of next week. Im away this weekend and have at least 5 rabbits coming in next Thursday when I get back but should still have plenty of space.

Thank you VERY much Cheryl :D
Do you have a rough idea as to how many Buns you may be able to take?

Janex

Jane, if there are any really laid back females - maybe older ones that are in now at ARC - perhaps we could help.
We are looking for two females, not bonded but laid back and who want a partner.
We need one for Hoggle - a tiny nethie who loves to snuggle up to another bun and we need one for Timmy who is lonely - (more on that later) - he is brain damaged but needs a nice girlie who he can lay over and snuggle up to.
If we could get two laid back females then that may create a bit more space?
We might have room for a disabled bun if there are any?

Jane, if there are any really laid back females - maybe older ones that are in now at ARC - perhaps we could help.
We are looking for two females, not bonded but laid back and who want a partner.
We need one for Hoggle - a tiny nethie who loves to snuggle up to another bun and we need one for Timmy who is lonely - (more on that later) - he is brain damaged but needs a nice girlie who he can lay over and snuggle up to.
If we could get two laid back females then that may create a bit more space?
We might have room for a disabled bun if there are any?

Thank you Jay, I'll be speaking with Donna later so will pass on your message :D

What a time for Donna's Broadband connection to go 'bits-up'......:roll:

Janex

Could people further afield maybe foster some of ARC's other buns who don't need to be near to Christobel?

That way it would free up space for ARC to help these buns as well as being near to Christobel.

Does that make sense?!

Could people further afield maybe foster some of ARC's other buns who don't need to be near to Christobel?

That way it would free up space for ARC to help these buns as well as being near to Christobel.

Does that make sense?!

Sorry, I perhaps have not made things very clear :oops:
If anybun from this place goes to another Rescue then it does not matter where they are as the Bun will become that Rescues responsibility. But if the Buns remain ARCs responsibility-ie go into Foster Care-then they really need to be within travelling distance of Christobel's which is where an arrangement is set up for ALL ARC Bunnies to receive Veterinary Treatment.

Janex :)

I have just done a quick count up. After allowing space for the boarding and rescue bunnies due in next week I will have 7 empty hutches. Each is suitable for singles/pairs/groups of babies etc. I could meet up with Janice or Donna next Saturday (9th June) to pick them up.

I have just done a quick count up. After allowing space for the boarding and rescue bunnies due in next week I will have 7 empty hutches. Each is suitable for singles/pairs/groups of babies etc. I could meet up with Janice or Donna next Saturday (9th June) to pick them up.

Thank you Cheryl. I'll pass on your message to Donna later today :D

Janex

Hello,

I can help with a run if needed from london to norfolk/herts/essex areas.

I may also be able to foster a couple.

We can take a pair, maybe on the same run as Jill's? Could be more by the time all is sorted though as some space should clear soon. Let me know if this is any help.

Back