• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maggie and Grandpa-U/D 6th June- :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Maggie has been selective feeding on and off for a few weeks. Her poos are also very small. Her teeth were checked at the outset but the Vet ( NOT Christobel) was reluctant to do a Dental as Maggie has damaged lungs having had pneumonia as a baby :cry: Maggie is also 7 years old so a high GA risk.
Anyway, Maggie has maintained her weight but is obviously experiencing oral discomfort. Christobel examined her yesterday and confirmed that she does have quite large spurs :cry: A Dental must be done. Christobel cannot access the effected molars without putting Maggie under GA. I have been advised to start Maggie on Septrin to try to kill off any latent bacteria in her lungs to prepare her for the GA. Maggie is also on Metacam.
However after just one dose of Septrin Maggie has developed diarhhoea :cry:
So the Septrin will have to be discontinued. I have given Maggie some Fibreplex and will speak with Christobel later when I take EDDIE in to see her as I fear that he too may have molar spurs. I really dont understand why as he has always eaten tons of hay and he is a low risk breed for dental problems ( Eddie is a Rex)

:? :?

:cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Oh dear Jane! Poor Maggie...I hope everything turns out o.k for her and Eddie. You really must have your hands full at the moment, (then again, I am sure you always do!)

Sending lots of positive vibes for you and all your bunny family (and foster family;) )

oh no jane not more ill bunnys your vet must have a specal seat for u now with the coffeee on the ready

healing vibes for the sick bunnys

Well Maggie has stopped eating now so it looks as though she will have to have her dental today. We are seeing Christobel at 1100hrs

Oh dear...........:? :(

Janex

Oh no Jane:(

Sending buckets loads of vibes for Maggie`s dental & ofcourse loads more for Eddie.......................................

<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Su.x

Now Grandpa has stopped eating. We know he has had a gum infection which has responded to abx and pain relief. But now it appears to have come back and Christobel said if that happened we'd have to risk a full GA/ Dental. Grandpa is 10 and has recently had 2 CVA's :cry:

I dont think I am looking forward to the rest of today :cry:

Janex

Maggie and Grandpa are now with Christobel and they will both be having a GA/Dental. They are both VERY high risk for a GA.....:cry:
Eddie does not need another Dental just yet, thank goodness.

Please send Mags and Grandpa some vibes..........

A Very Worried Janex :cry:

Sending masses of vibes.........

(saw this thread after i had pm'ed you Jane, didn't realise you are having a rough day too....sorry)

(((Hugs)))

Back