• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Size Hutch Is Best?

angel_night

Mama Doe
I was wodnering what size hutch is best for 2 rabbits. One of them is small and the other is small-medium in size. They already have a
6x4x2 run and a hutch that they spend the day in. They have a 6x2x2 ark as well on concrete for when its wet. Also they spend a large amount of time in a shed about 12x8 and i have no idea how high lol. People can go in it easily though with like another person standing on their shoulders lol so yeah, pretty high lol.

They basically just spend the night in the hutch, but I'd like a new one soon. So what size is best for them?

Thanks. :D

Ruth xx

You can't go too big so the biggest you can buy/afford/have room for :)

Alternately perhaps you could convert the shed for their perminant use, or have a part partitioned off for them :)

Tam

I'm a bit scared to leave them in the shed permenantly. It's an old stone one, so is solid and secure and a fox certainly couldn't get in it lol, and the dogs are right outside it behind a fence. But there's a tiny gap near the roof and if something got in and had them I'd never forgive myself lol. They get a few hours out in it everyday whilst I revise or clean them out.

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=44&categoryID=6

I thought that one was quite nice. But would I need thr 5ft one or the 6ft one? I'm really not sure lol.

Ruth xx

For two small-medium bunnies a two storey 5' would be absolutely fine :)

There is only £25 difference in price though so if you're budget and space aren't too tight then might as well go for 6' ;)

Thanks for your help Tamsin :D .

Yeah lol the 6ft one would be nicer for them, and more room for toys etc lol.

Thanks so much!

Ruth xx

Back