• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do we think of...

Sorry but personally i feel a 4ft hutch is too small for 2 bunnies.
The minimum i would house a small pair in would be a 5ft & the new rspca guidelines are 6ft.

I do think the hutch looks nice though, do they do a larger version?

Su.x

Unfortunately a 4 x 2 hutch is not big enough for one rabbit, let alone 2 rabbits to use. There is inadequate space in the hutch for the two of them to stretch out and move about.

If this is the hutch I am thinking of the main door (meshed) does not open, access is gained by the roof or via the bedroom door. This means in wet weather the rabbit has no sheltered area to escape.

The only way this hutch would be adquate is if the hutch was placed in a shed or indoors where they have 24 hour access to a much larger area. In a run there is not adequate protection from the elements and ideally they would need to be shut away at night time in this and unfortunately this is not larger enough space for them.

For about £25 more you can get a 6 x 2 foot hutch which would be a better size

Try and find a hutch that is also 2 ft tall, not just deep. Will they have access to the run all the time? How big is the run and is it really secure? I would always get a 6 ft hutch got two rabbits.

Argh! I'm still looking around for hutches. I am SO overdrawn at the moment but i suppose another hundred quid won't make all the difference. Has anyone found any reasonable ones?

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=54&categoryID=7

this looks good except it's VERY expensive in the 6ft (or even 5ft) versions... will be a backup.

either that or the 8th one down on this page... the "Rabbit Shack 5ft Single Rabbit Hutch"

http://www.gardenpine.co.uk/rabbit-hutches.htm

The one on "gardenpine" is not very deep, very little space in there. The Happy Hutch one is the one that I have, in 6x2x2 ft. If you order it on their website, it costs 110 Pounds. For the same money you can get that same hutch plus a 6 x 4 x 2 ft run underneath from the Happy Hutch company on ebay. Their auctions for the set start at 110 Pounds, and often you can win it at that price. It includes delivery normally. The combo with the run has one downside in that it is made of plywood all around, whereas the one on their website, without the run, is made of T&G wood, so has a better quality.

Argh! I'm still looking around for hutches. I am SO overdrawn at the moment but i suppose another hundred quid won't make all the difference. Has anyone found any reasonable ones?

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=54&categoryID=7
don't forget to take into account hutch covers as plywood is not waterproof and you'll need to cover it to make it so. You'd be better off spending a tad more for tongue and groove or shiplap (which can be painted.. I painted ply and it still got soggy so had to be dumped:cry: )

I can see why you thought the first one may have been big enough as the bunny pictured in it is a little dwarf!

Whats your price limit? Ever thought of a child's playhouse?

we haven't made the run yet but it will be as big as we can make it. easily over 6ft...

hubby has his heart set on this next one but, being the one to pay for it, I thought I'd run it past you lot first.

http://www.omegawooddesign.co.uk/chalettag.htm

Middle one...

Thats not very wide...only 16inches when it needs to be about 2ft. Check out the happy hutch products in their ebay shop on the links I posted- cheaper on there.

Am currently looking at happy hutch and 'the rabbit hutch shop' on ebay... the latter do shiplap hutches rather than plywood which seems by general consensus to be better...

thanks for all your help guys, will get back to you when I find something else.

by the way my buns are a nethie and a nethie/mini lop cross so no giants or anything! teeny buns but I agree I think 4ft is too small for them.

Back