• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New here - Is my bunny home big enough?

Bun Bun

Warren Scout
Hi,

I have 2 rabbits, they were kept in a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch with access to the garden when we came home from work.

They have now been upgraded to a 4ft x 4ft x 4ft kids house with an attached run of 7ft x 3ft x 2.5ft.

They also have the run of our garden for at least 3 hours each evening when we get home (it is a secure garden nothing can get in and bunnys can't get out, there are no predators around and we keep a close eye on them from our lounge/diner when they are out so they are safe)

Do you think this is enough space?

:wave: and welcome!
Dof htey have permanent access to their run? It sounds like they have a lovely life, especially getting a run around the garden.

Yes they do have access to the run at all times, it is on paving slabs so they cannot dig out, which is why they have a run around the garden so they can eat the grass and have a hop around on soft ground.

I'm going to buy 3-4 cat litter trays and plant some grass and herbs in them and then rotate them in the run so they can have a nibble during the day, although they have hay at all times.

that sounds lovley im in th prosess of up grading snoweys hutch now she s getting a husbun might just join the 2 4 foot ones together and have 8 foot plus the bottom leavel nice big bunny house

HI, and weclome to the forum:wave: Your set up sound fab, and they must be very happy bunsters:lol:

Hi!

Your set up sounds very like mine will be when I put my new run on the playhouse. I've also got a shelf in my playhouse and they have plenty of space and love sleeping up there.

I was planning on putting a shelf in as well, do you think they will need a rmp or will they be ok just jumping up there.

We have put lino down as well to stop wee soaking in and they have a carry case in there for a toilet as they don't use a litter tray (they like it to be 'private' when they go:roll: )

Hi there and welcome :wave:

Your bunny home sounds lovely, a real palace. I'm sure they must be really happy. Piccies would be great!!!!!!:D :oops:

gemma xx

My two just hop up onto their shelf but they are still young and spritely! When they become more elderly I'm going to give them a ramp (if they haven't become house rabbits by then).

You could always use a strudy box as an intermediate step for them..something else to sit on! Put a brick inside it so it doesn't move though.

Back