• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded bunny doesn't want to groom you? Trick them into doing it!

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
:lol:

I've just been watching Jen and Frankie :love: Now, Jen is a little aloof with Frankie sometimes and she's not always too keen on grooming him, right up to the point of walking away when he puts his head down to be groomed. However... I've just observed that it is possible to get round this, if you're a determined sort of rabbit ;)

The trick is to wait until the object of your affections is taking a drink from the water bottle, and then wedge your head riiight underneath hers. Hey presto! - just occasionally, she'll have no choice but to lick your nose just to get you to move out of the way ;) :lol:

Poor Jen, she didn't look impressed when she realised she'd been duped :lol:

Also solves the mystery of why my rabbits appear to drink so much.. Frankie's nose was getting soaked each time he placed himself between the bottle and Jen's chin! :roll:

Ha ha! When I want grooming -I rub a buns sides & stick my arm under their chin - I swear Alex rolls his eyes:lol:

Molly tries to do this to Piper and he bats her on the nose or holds her head down with his paw! He is such a meany!:lol:

Here they are in action...
4June2006026.jpg

thumper wont groom lily for longer than 2-3 licks, where as if i put my head down for groomin (im sad i know!) he will lick me all over for ages! Myabe its cos lly canbe a grumpy ****** tee hee :)

:lol:

Aliandbuns - that is exactly what Frankie does to Jen! :lol: Great photo!

I've never demanded to be groomed myself, maybe I should give it a try tomorrow (Frankie will probably eat me, he tries to eat everything else!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I somtimes lick their eyes, then they feel obliged to do it back :oops: :lol:

Back