• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help...House Bunnies?

Hello....I need a bit of advice.

I have totally fallen in love with two bunnies from Briar Patch Rescue, and although at first I was thinking of bonding them with my two outdoor buns, I have decided that I would love to have them as house buns.

Question is....where do I start? Obviously cage and run...what is best, dog crate or the multi level cages? Obviously the house needs to be bun proof regarding wires etc. is there anything else I need to think of? I know about litter training as my two are litter trained at present.

I just have such a strong pull towards them and I really want to give them a good home....

Thanks Guys,

Amanda x

Skirting boards & wall plaster! My buns have destroyed the bun rooms! all mine have room sections, except for evil psycho bun & partner, who has 2 dog crates pushed together - one with a shelf, & a box to hide in in it. They are loose when I'm not about:lol:

Also, I'd check with Eve how tidy the two you want are. if they are sprayers, you might want those as outdoors buns & your current buns as indoors:lol:

I'd recommend blocking off the sofa too, it's very annoying hearing them underneath it picking it apart and bot being able to get to them. :lol:

Well, I have spoken to Eve at Briar Patch, and she said that the guys would make lovely house buns! It's Tiger and Thumper that were featured in Rabbits in Need. So, I am going to arrange going up to see them when we get back from hols!:love:

I can tell you that T & T are the loveliest rabbits and indeed would make great house bunnies! They were veyr well behaved when they were staying with me - used their litter tray perfectly and ate mountains of hay :D They are a really lively pair and love having plenty of space to bounce around in, so I would say a dog crate (with an attatched run if you need to keep them shut in a all) would be your best bet. I would say as big as you can get!
They are a really fun, friendly pair of rabbits :D

Back