• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cuddly bunnies?

Jessika

Young Bun
Well. I've had rabbits before, but I've never had one like Starr. She's like... a cat. A really friendly cat. She follows me around the house, she jumps onto the couch and onto my lap when I'm sitting down. And when she's on my lap, she shoves her nose into my neck and grinds her teeths.

She's gotten even more clingy since she's been sick. She'll nudge my hand until I pet her, and if I stop for even a second she'll nudge me again.:D

She's a little cutey, and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced a rabbit that wants this much attention. She's more interested in me than exploring. I buy her new toys, she wants nothing to do with them. She just wants nose rubs!

Jessika

My Holly is just like that, she's like a puppy and will jump on me while I'm watching telly. She'll also follow me about and sit at my feet. :D :D

Squidgy's a cuddle bun. He likes to sit at my feet whilst I'm working, and will even lick my ankles for me! He tends to follow us around, and wait patiently for nose rubs:D

I am very jealous!! I don't know if its because my two have always had each other, or because they are outdoor buns, or both, but they have never been cuddle buns. Th only time they seem interested in me is if I have treats or I am wearing anything with laces that they can tug at! Lol!

I love them just as much anyway though, and I guess I'm happier knowing that they are happy with each other than pining for me whilst I am at work etc.

Alex my NZ white is like a dog (& a similar size!) - he loves nose rubs, & sits on my knee, & bounces around my feet

Alfie lays on a cushion on my knee while I watch TV. He rests his chin on his front paws - it's well-cute

Flint loves attention & comes over for nose rubs & food:roll: He climbs up your leg too, cos loves a cuddle

Rosie will flop out while you stroke her - though I usually approach her not the other way round.

When I walk in the big-groups room, I end up standing on them, as they climb up my legs to get to the food - but that is largely a food thing - not cos they like me:lol:

I think Calel secretly likes a cuddle. He settles donw in my padded jacket, oven gloves & face that is covered by a scarf:roll: :lol:

One of my bridge bunnies, Sniffy, used to come running up the stairs in the morning and dive on my bed to wake me up and curl himself around my head!:love:
He also used to hog the spot between me and OH on the sofa so he got lots of cuddles - more of a dog than a rabbit.:lol:
My new rescue bun, Hera, shes 11 months old, I've only had her 7 weeks, but she follows me around the garden until I stop and give her cuddles and nose rubs, and at bed time I can't get away from her she is so demanding for love!!
I'm always amazed how quickly animals find out how to pull at your heart strings!

sniff sniff you're all making me jealous as i have the exact opposite i have the two most independent buns ever and although i do get cuddles it's only for a few seconds then there off destroying things again
oh well such is life :)

I love bunny cuddles. Rory is very affectionate and loves kissing me ALL THE TIME! Lola pretends she hates being touched, she grunts at me all the time but then comes up to me and nudges my feet, she loves a chin rub too
Tracy

sniff, wish sooty wanted so many cuddles. I just got really excited today because he flopped down beside me to groom instead of sitting opposite and keeping a beady eye on me. In fact he made me late for work as I didn't want to spook him by getting up :( I found a secret weapon in nose rubs. He can be running around like mad but if I touch his nose, instant relaxation and tooth grinding. Loking forward to the day when he'll sit on my lap without food bribary (optimistic I know).

Wow, at least I'm not alone with my cuddly bunny :)

When a bunny gets sick is it normal for said bunny to become more attached to you and dependant on you?

Back