• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home - much better

Lynette

Warren Scout
Hello,

Popped into pets at home today as just wanted to see how the Rabbits were. I was quite impressed with the new set up. All the rabbits had their own pens and loads of hay and bedding and no GP's. They even had massive litter trays full of hay.

I wouldn't shop there, but much better then it used to be.

Lynette

I went into my local branch today. Had to point out a poorly Bun :cry:
He had really laboured respiration, a sore eye, and an old injury on his nose :cry:
I really thought my local branch was improving so I was VERY disappointed today :cry:

Janex

Oh, that is a shame Jane. :evil: At least they seem to be moving in the right direction. All the buns looked healthy there anyway yesterday. I just hope they continue to improve. It will always be there so if it can be the best it can that will be good.

TBH the two P@H near me, I have never had a complaint about - (except buns & pigs together etc), but the one near my work isn't so great:? Having said that, i got chatting to a woman who works there, & she seemed really interested in making it better - I talk to her whenever I see her now & she's really chatty about the buns. they had a sign up saying a bun "had to be housed alone" but they've changed it to "bun needing neutering within 6 months of purchase" now & a little sign that this will be checked up on. That said, bun has been there several months now, & is still alone & now down to £8:evil:

(Incidentally, I no longer buy from P@H - I just go for a nosey!:oops: :lol: )

the pets at home in newcastle has improved i was quite impressed when i went therea couple of weeks ago... i still think they need to get rid of the small hutches and only sell big ones though :D

im actually more dissapointed with the local garden centres who sell animals i went to a new one 2 days ago and they had baby buns in small tanks big enough for a couple of hamsters :shock: :cry: all i did was complain to my mum when i was there :oops: i was picking faults with anything and everything.

I went into pets at home near me other day and there was a bunny on its own and a sign saying "this bunny is not for sale" i asked why and they said it had been brought back because it had squint teeth.. so they said it was going to the vet the next day to get them sorted... i just wonder if they will mention to whoever buys this bunny next about its teeth problems, cause if not who knows what state that bunny could end up in if whoever buys it doesnt know about his teet :cry: x

I think it's good to finally see that things are being improved as promised! I'm feeling more postive about the place now, it seems as though they *know* they have to improve, and they're trying.

Back