• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kohl rabi

Carol X

Alpha Buck
Is this vegetable (green tops only ) ok to give to bunnies and piggies? As I have just had one delivered in my veg box and the tops look to good to throw away.:lol:

Never heard of it - off to google it.

Now I know what is...never tried it before though. This site says tops are ok (scroll down)

Last edited:
Yes, you can give Kohlrabi to your bunnies. My buns love the leaves mainly, and I collect them in the supermarket where people tear them off and throw ist away, because they only want the tuber.
If your rabbits are not used to it, please offer them only half a leaf at the beginning to find out if they tolerate it. Some rabbits get digestion problems with cabbage (and kohlrabi is a kind of cabbage). If they like and tolerate it, you can give them more.

She means Kohl and Rabbi. The English like to call us Germans "Krauts", and Kohl was our chancellor. And a Rabbi is a Jewish priest. :D

No, you did not offend me. I just ask if I do not understand something. My English is not good enough to understand word-plays and phrases.

Back