• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jealousy in rabbits?

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I've noticed today that whenever I'm kissing and fussing one of the two girl buns, Darcy will hop over and push his between us and offer me his nose for kissing/rubbing!:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Do your buns get jealous of eachother or is it something he will grow out of?:D

our Mr Gus likes to think he's still a single bun even though we have 5 now :lol:

if i show any affection for any of the others in his presence he comes over, nudges me, shoves his head under my hand and does anything to get my attention. if that doesnt work he turns his back on me and sulks big time :lol:

he's never grown out of it but i do find it very endearing, and its nice to be loved so much :D

I've noticed today that whenever I'm kissing and fussing one of the two girl buns, Darcy will hop over and push his between us and offer me his nose for kissing/rubbing!:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Do your buns get jealous of eachother or is it something he will grow out of?:D

Yes, mine do it, I don't think they grow out of it :lol:

is it a dominance thing? (i.e. is the dominant bun the one that comes over and demands attention?)
It could be poor bunny ettiquette to give attention to the lesser buns first?...

Maybe...

is it a dominance thing? (i.e. is the dominant bun the one that comes over and demands attention?)
It could be poor bunny ettiquette to give attention to the lesser buns first?...

Maybe...

well in the heirarchy of our bunnies, Gus comes about bottom :lol: They all walk all over him to be honest but he still thinks he's the boss when it comes to his mummies :D

Darcy has been a single house bunny and had you to himself for so long, so Im not surprised. I think my TJ would be the same. How are they since they squabbled?

If i'm playing with Casper in his run Buttons runs around with paper in his mouth to get attention or stand on back feet looking over at e until i go play with him, he's a real peple bun:roll:

I've noticed recently that when I'm fussing Hera, Ra will jump all over her and start "digging" on her - not sure if it is jealousy or if it's just Ra being Ra!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Snoopy gets quite grumpy when I try and give Penny some attention. So I usually wait until he's down in the run, or I sit them next to each other and rub their noses at the same time.

When i give Alex nose rubs, Barley gets upset & comes running over. Then I think she remembers she doesn't like nose rubs, cos she stamps her foot & runs off. Then does it again:roll: :lol:

Sybil won't stay for more than one little stroke usually before running off and Polly will be stroked for ages, but if I manage to stroke Sybil for a bit on her own Polly will soon chase her off! I can usually only stroke Sybil for longer if I stroke them both when they are cuddled next to each other. I think Polly get jelous and Sybil feels safer being stroked with Polly!

my bunnies just give the other the evil eye! Thumper will just start licking my nose and then lily will come up to see what he is doing (think its because he refuses to groom her back!). She licked me for the first time on weds night - i think its just because thumper did though. They both keep marking my hand with their chin as well lol :lol: Thumper hates me giving lily attention he goes off in a grump lol :)

If I dare to give attention to Gus before Poppy she starts jumping all over me, pushing her head under my hand and generally being an attention seeking little madame :lol: :lol:

miss biffykins..aka bif is the boss and the smallest bless her!
if i talk to bertie or make a fuss she comes peering ut and rushes past to catch my gaze..she isnt a people bun but doesnt like to be ignored.
when i fuss bif bertie seens to hold her down to stay still and have her nose rubbed..then i rub her cheeks and she turns into a puddle as if she suddenyl remebers what it was like before she lost oscar.
the funnies one is willow..shes a real people bunny too..and gets deperate for nosey rubs if i even so much as talk to bertie or bif! or even the kittens come to think about it!
Bif hears the fridge dodor open and knows greens are inthere and she dances and rushes up to me and runs off and rushes up to me and runs off or dances round my feet until ive washed the stuff and warme dit up to edible temperature..not forozen almost in our fridge!
if bertie sees her he pushes her ut the way and stands up on his frenchie legs and begs like a dog and pushes me over almost! Bif gets really jealous in case he gets some before her..aftyer all shes the dominat bunny..shell rush up and g rab it ourt of his mouth whilst hes eating it and he opens his eyes and goes..huh..where have my greens gone? bless him..not the brightest of buns!:lol:

nevr mind the buns the kittens are jealous of each other and jealous fo the buns and the buns get jealous of th ekittens..its like having 5 kids and experiencing sibling rivalry!!:lol: :lol:

and when the meds come out for one..they all hide and protect each toher..its so funny to see the twits it makes it easier!:lol:

Back