• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Permanent moult lines

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Just wondering if buns can have Permanent moult lines? Jens had a line round her back since I got her (6+ months ago), and Charlie had a much smaller one on his nose that never went too :? I hadnt really noticed Jens but everyone comments on it :lol: X

Edit, you can see on this pic ...

Rhia027.jpg

Gabbie looks like that all the time too! :D You can see on the picture here (bit blurry I'm afraid :oops: )
Rabbits0157.jpg

:oops: :oops: That's not a good picture of her is it! She looks a right pudding! I'm so pleased Jen's yours now :D

Dempsey my bitey bun :oops: :shock: has had hers since I rescued her about 4 months ago. No change at all, looks like a little skirt line :lol:

Its whats called a 'water mark' round the show world - and they're bl**dy annoying! Agoutis in particular are prone to them - it should clear at her next moult.

i was wondering if it was an agouti thing - my bracken looks just like jen and she's got a permanent moult line on her nose, and one in the middle of her back too

Ahh really? Shes not had a moult since I got her!!! Unless it was so fine i didnt notice?! X

It happens when they moult, stop and then start again - even stopping for a few days can cause them :roll: All colours can get them but Agoutis are just more obvious because of the contrast between the coloured fur and the black guard hairs. I'm sure you'd have noticed her moulting - first sign with my lops is tufts appearing at the top of the head!

My Fiver is the double of Jen and he has this mark too.. He also seems to be permenantly moulting, with wee tufts of hair sticking out his back!!

But he's lovely, apart from the chewing and digging carpet phase he is going through!!

Px

Tammy our grey frenchie X has had one on her back since she arrived and Pippa has had one for 3 months, she is also grey! Maybe its a grey/chinchilla/agouti thing cuz the different colours on the hairband show it up more?

here you go to put your mind at ease . there starting to fill out now but they were quite deep before
DSC00042.jpg

can just make them out no his back half

Back