• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
How many days should i keep Buttons in the small temporary hutch while he's healing from his neutering before putting him back in his hutch/run combi and i'm right about bedding him on soft fleece rather than straw right?

Just checking, lol:roll:

I think its about 3 days using towels or fleecy bedding rather than straw or hay....hmmm not sure about putting him back in the combo cos he could hurt himself on the stairs :? - I'd usually put them back in their normal area the next day.

Gus is a house-rabbit, but i only kept him caged overnight after he was neutered and after that he was well enough to go back to being free-range. But he did get a bit over-active and bang his wound poor love so you might want to watch Buttons cant do that. But I think perhaps 1 or 2 nights at the most, is about right for keeping Buttons in a smaller hutch.

I think you are doing the right thing using fleece rather than hay though, a lot more hygenic I would imagine.

Squidgy is a free range house bun, with a 4' double hutch as his 'base'. He usually lives on blamkets anyway, but after his neuter, we took the ramp out so he couldn't get upstairs, and shut him into the bottom part of the hutch. He was very groggy anyway. We popped a hot water bottle, covered in a blanket in there for him, which he really liked. We kept him in there overnight, and then let him free range, as it stressed him quite a lot keeping him locked up. We still kept his stairs blocked off though.

Back