• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun Hotel/Rescue

lindka

Young Bun
Do you have to have special Council permission to run a Bunny Rescue/Hotel - we are thinking of doing this in memory of Chloe and Tinky?

Thanks

you do need planning permission and helps if you have space and /or very understanding neighbours...where abouts are you?

West Midlands,nr. Cannock - one neighbour is moving away soon (she is already anti-social so she'd have been the one to moan) otherside are couple in their early 50's, never see them so can't really see too many problems.

They may all moan after tonight though, I have 7 teenagers camping in backgarden for daughter's sleepover.

Please do look into the need for planning permission, particuarly if you are in a residential area, otherwise the time, effort and money you spend to get yourself operational may be for nothing. Greenfields rescue in Bracknell has recently gone through a rather nerve wracking ordeal having to apply for retrospective planning permission. She was seriously at risk of closure. After months of problems she now has permision but has a variety of restrictions she must comply with if she is to continue to operate as a rescue and also a boarding centre.

Lorna's operation is not on a large scale either.

I had to get permission from the council just to have more than 3 adult buns in the house:roll: They're just pets too - so are the other 12:oops: :lol:

have you thought about maybe volunteering at one before you put all your resources into one? Sorry don't mean to sound patronising by that it would just be heart breaking to spend time and money setting one up to hate it after 6 months.

Excellent posts, thanks.

I will try and find out anyone in my area who runs a hotel/rescue - perhaps someone on here knows of one too?

I'll make enquiries of the council and see what they say.

Cheers, Lin

Back