• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fool proof pee removal

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Ladies and gents, your help is required.

I've tried the vinegar method and frankly it just makes my house smell of vinegar. Apparently cleaners with enzymes in will do the job.

I'm talking proper stains not just fresh marks...any ideas? My relationship depends on it :D

A friend of mine uses hutch cleaner and I saw it shift the stains with my own eyes :) suggest you try on a hidden bit of carpet first though

When my dogs have had accidents I've always used biological washing powder in liquid form (like ariel) diluted - it's always got the stains out for me, and it's cheap!!

awesome, that sounds like a good idea.

THe trouble is that the stains only show up as stains after a bit, they seem to be clear then dry dark :rolleyes: and by that time they are pretty much fixed. I'll try the ariel :D

I use the 1001 carpet cleaner. Its in a tall can with a brush on the end. You spray the foam then scrub with the brush! It works everytime! :) Give it a clean with either washing powder or disinfectant first, then freshen it up with that. The carpet cleaner gets out any stains too!

When my dogs have had accidents I've always used biological washing powder in liquid form (like ariel) diluted - it's always got the stains out for me, and it's cheap!!

My mums favourite, she swears buy it, we are sensitive souls and only have Non bio powder! I rely on 1001 - not found anything it can't shift yet. A good scrub with a firm brush over the area if its a toughie usually works.

Keep it clean disinfectant its cheap and it really does work even if the pee stains are dried. I think its fab!

My mums favourite, she swears buy it, we are sensitive souls and only have Non bio powder! I rely on 1001 - not found anything it can't shift yet. A good scrub with a firm brush over the area if its a toughie usually works.

We've got 1001 and it doesn't seem to work at all, even on fresh patches. I think our rug just sucks up wee :rolleyes:

Does the vinegar move the stains? If so, you could then use bicarbonate of soda to remove the smell. (Very good at absorbing pongs apparently.)

My friend's cat weed on my bed. (Never done that to me before!) I did the usual mopping up and sponging with washing up liquid and water, which was OK but left a smell and a mark. I then used white vinegar to sponge it again then a sort of bicarb paste (which I rubbed in, left for a bit and then brushed off). No mark, no smell.

Next time you're passing a bookshop have a browse in Kim and Aggie's How Clean is Your House?, they have good tips on pet stains.

Does the vinegar move the stains? If so, you could then use bicarbonate of soda to remove the smell. (Very good at absorbing pongs apparently.)

My friend's cat weed on my bed. (Never done that to me before!) I did the usual mopping up and sponging with washing up liquid and water, which was OK but left a smell and a mark. I then used white vinegar to sponge it again then a sort of bicarb paste (which I rubbed in, left for a bit and then brushed off). No mark, no smell.

Next time you're passing a bookshop have a browse in Kim and Aggie's How Clean is Your House?, they have good tips on pet stains.

I was about to suggest Bicarb of soda. I use it for shake nd vac too, just put a little scented oil in and sprinkle on floor. I also put it in litter trays and in my hoover!!
All tips from kim and Aggie :oops:
Tracy

Back