• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i might be going to my new vets tomorrow! and a question!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
tomorrow we are phoning the vets that Becki uses to see about neautering basil, if we can get him in we will cancel the appoinment at my old vets and he will be done there :)

will teh journey be too much stress for him tho?

I would say that a journey as long as that can't be good for a rabbit before they have an operation. The furthest I would ever take mine is half an hour unless it is vital that they be moved a long way. I suggest you find a better vet closer to you.

my vets takes me about 40mins to get too-usually because its rush hour and on the other side of manchester-its only about 7/8 miles. the buns do find it slightly stressful but do calm down about 5/10 minutes after getting there

basil is a good traveller and he sleeps on car journeys so he should be ok, i'll take him and see how he goes, if he gets to bad then i'll find yet anotehr vet!

I suppose the main thing is the vet..
I would have thought that was a long journey for a rabbit but if you say their isnt any nice ones near you then id go to the further away one.. at least you will feel more relaxed knowing its a safe/clean vet.
Just make sure ur buns are comfy and get spoken to loads :D
Good luck:wave: xx

I looked at getting my guineapig neutered at a vets a distance away as they were loads cheaper but they wouldn't do it as they said we lived too far away in case there was an emergency after surgery and we needed to pop him back.

Could he stay at someone's post op who lives closer?

i don't know anyone and his operation might be today or tomoorow so i wouldn't be able to find anyone :( i might get him neautered at the old vet, it's ok but i'd feel more reassured if it was the one in new mills.

Hi Beth :wave:

Years ago when I lived with my parents, I used Meadowbank Vets at Selston, Notts (Address: Hillbank House, Commonside, Selston, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6FJ).

Their website is here: http://www.meadowbankvets.co.uk/

They were OK with rabbits, and performed good, uncomplicated spays on a couple of my girls. :thumb:

I was happy with them, and would have stayed with them if I hadn't moved to the city.

I think the head vet is the same one as I used all those years ago.

They are pretty cheap too

Amy :D

Back