• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Degus ( For Jill & anyone else interested )

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
Here`s some piccies of Minnie & Mo:

DSC00022-2.jpg

Cuddling

DSC00024-1.jpg

"Hello mum".

DSC00023-1.jpg

"Mmmmmmmm, might go & do some exploring now".........................

b44ac33f.jpg

Minnie about to have a munch

And this is their cage
bad9ef66.jpg

They are to be joined on Thursday by 3 more girlies i`m adopting from Sazzy, i can`t wait................................

Su.x

aww lovely and if you don't mind me asking what exactly is a degus? (hope i'm not being rude they are lovely reagardless of what they are :love: ) are they a lot of work?

Glad you like:D

They are a rodent that originate from Chille. They`re described as a cross between a squirrel & guinea pig. They`re not hard work as such but they do need cleaning out regularily as they seem to pee & poo everywhere!:roll: :lol: :lol:
They require a `sand bath` like chinchilla`s & have quite a specific diet as they are diabetic by nature, so can`t have fruit or large amounts of carbohydrates.
I feed mine on a mix of guinea pig mix & chinchilla pellets, They have peanuts as a treat & like some veggies. They also have hay, to eat & mix in their bedding & they like redi-grass.
They`re prolific chewers, hence the galvanised steel cage!!!!!!!
They`re also very vocal & make various noises including chirps, whistles & squeaks.
They`re also extremely active & literally only sleep for a few minutes at a time.

HTH

Su.x

Awwww, so sweet :love:
I love their little house, is it a strawberry? :D

Yes, i thought it looked cute!:oops:
It`s about the only thing they haven`t chewed through.......................................................................................................................... YET!:lol: :lol:

Yes, i thought it looked cute!:oops:
It`s about the only thing they haven`t chewed through.......................................................................................................................... YET!:lol: :lol:

Awwww, it is very cute.....:oops: ok enough said *whistles* :lol:

Back