• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grand RU Rabbit Friendly Show

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Further to the thread on shows below. I was wondering af anyone would be interested in holding an RU show.

We obviously would take our bunnies and keep them in roomy cages / runs so we can meet each other.

We could have prizes for 'cuddliest bun' etc.......

Maybe convince a few of the Hay experts or Bunny Basics guys to do a few stalls etc......

Could we hold a rabbit friendly show????????? Any one got any ideas??

Obviously would be later on in the year (august time) so we could all plan well. But id love to have a stall with bunny things on to show etc.

Pretty ppplllleeeeaassseee

Right let's discuss logistics.

1. Location in the country
2. venue. Would have to be somewhere fairly big to allow decent sized pens for the busnters.
3. Cost.

that's a few things to ponder for starters

Venue : I was hoping someone would have a clue.... Maybe an RU member with a huuuge garden or business?

Cost : Maybe all pitch in.........

I guess the first thing would be .. what's the point of the show? It's a question that's bound to be asked

It would be a chance to meet up and show off our beloved's but also to advertise as an event were anyone can see the animals and get advice on feeding,neutering behaviour etc...

A great opportunity for the fosterers and rescues to advertise the bunnies that need rehoming, and an excellent way for ticket proceeds to go towards rescues and operations........................

Also, folk with ebay stores / online shops could get some selling done and we could all hunt down a few bargains and get some good food!

I think that would be a brillaint idea:D ..

But unfortunatly i live in Scotland :cry: .

Would be good though, might get the message accross to people how important a bunnie really is..
What work they need.
Maybe have some pictures of buns in a bad state to show visitors what can heppen if they didnt look after one properly..
Be a good way to promote rescues (as i didnt know there was so many rabbits in need until i came on here).

Could be a donation when entering, money could go to the rescues to help rescue more rabbits, cost for neuters etc.

Anyway i have blabbed on but its a good idea ;)
x

yey- a stall showing neglected animals or even hidden teeth probs etc would open peoples eyes.... And maybe a few of our frogs to show the ill effects of breeding......

I think it could work but im not very clued up when it comes to venues and wouldnt know where to start

I think that would be a good idea :D I wouldn't able to bring my bunnies though they hate travelling in the car and get very stressed :(

me and my bunnies could come!!!!! if it's not to far away. maybe pampered piggies coudl do a stall :) and rescue owners could bring photos of the bunnies up for rehoming etc and there could be lots of infor on the proper care of bunnies and piggies of course!

Some people would probably prefer to not stess their buns out I think (I know mine wouldnt be happy about it :lol: ), but the whole getting together to raise awareness sounds great :D Wish I could come :(

I think its a really bad idea for people to bring their rabbits- I'd never put Audrey through that :?

I wouldn't either! Mine would hate it! That's a long way for me to travel, never mind the bunnies!

Maybe instead of real bunnies it could be photos of all the bunnies in rescues, like a big rescue open day for all the rescues at once :D

I think it depends very much on the rabbit. Out of mine Pippa and MJ get really stressed travelling and would hate meeting people but Teddy would be hopping around lapping up attention. However I would be reluctant to bring mine to a gathering as I don't think it would be fair on them. Maybe a rescue could host a RU get together like Bunnyhops did, we had lots of rabbits to awwww over but none had to travel.

I think it depends very much on the rabbit. Out of mine Pippa and MJ get really stressed travelling and would hate meeting people but Teddy would be hopping around lapping up attention. However I would be reluctant to bring mine to a gathering as I don't think it would be fair on them. Maybe a rescue could host a RU get together like Bunnyhops did, we had lots of rabbits to awwww over but none had to travel.
]

I think thats a good idea or maybe one without any buns at all as like its been said before, it is a lot of stress for them all.

Sorry to be a Party Pooper here but I think that taking our Rabbits to a meet-up is a really bad idea. Most of us have PET Rabbits, not Rabbits raised for the show ring. Just think how stressful it would be for our Buns. And we all know stress can make Bunnies poorly :cry:
If the meet-up with PET Bunnies in tow went ahead I forsee a deluge of 'my Rabbit is not eating/has stasis/has 'snuffles' threads in 'Care' during the following days after the meet-up.
Show Rabbits have been raised to be 'out and about', although even some of them HATE it :cry: Our Pet Rabbits may be confident little Bunsters in their own environment but at a meet-up involving travelling/crowds/unfamiliar Buns/strange environment my personal opinion is that our Pets would be terrified :cry:

Janex

Sorry to be a Party Pooper here but I think that taking our Rabbits to a meet-up is a really bad idea. Most of us have PET Rabbits, not Rabbits raised for the show ring. Just think how stressful it would be for our Buns. And we all know stress can make Bunnies poorly :cry:
If the meet-up with PET Bunnies in tow went ahead I forsee a deluge of 'my Rabbit is not eating/has stasis/has 'snuffles' threads in 'Care' during the following days after the meet-up.
Show Rabbits have been raised to be 'out and about', although even some of them HATE it :cry: Our Pet Rabbits may be confident little Bunsters in their own environment but at a meet-up involving travelling/crowds/unfamiliar Buns/strange environment my personal opinion is that our Pets would be terrified :cry:

Janex

Well said :thumb: Mine can just about cope with the 5 minute car ride to the vets and to be taken to a place with loads of other bunnies would just scare them.

Still think it would be great for everyone to get together and try to raise awareness for rabbit welfare ;)

Back