• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First pics of our first babies :)

mabster

Young Bun
Good evening :) I hope you are all fine. Talking of fine its a lovely evening. My room is currently being flooded with golden light. :)

A little story before I get to the images.

It all began two weeks friday past when the o/h saw an add in the local paper for Lionhead, Lop X's. So within a few hours of me saying 'mabey' we were on our way North to pick up our first bunny! And what a beauty she was (we though she was a he till yesterday) So we got her home and settled down. Sadly we didn't have a cage for her but I ordered one of the giant three leveled ones from germany. Thankfully this arrived 4 days later.

During her time in the box Oakley had many hours in the evening running around and she often escaped from her box while we were out! As they got more settled in she started to binky around the place. What a wonderful sight it was :)

Now roll on to yesterday and the o/h got a phone call from the breeder saying that her sister had a pair of pure Lionheads available.
Now I didn't want to admit tis to Cheryl but I had secretly been hoping for a friend for Oakley. I think I've gone soft and she secretly knew so yesterday evening we drove North to collect Bailey.

What a different character to Oakley. She's outgoing, inquisitive and a bit of a scamp.
Surpisingly to me the introduction later on the evening went well ( The first wasn't so good) They even spent the whole night together. I myself stayed up till half three to ensure that they were ok.

Well thats the story. :) They are both on my bed right now with Oakley being a bit of a diva and ignoring Bailey. Oh forgot to say we have two rats which we got three weeks ago are loving the rabbits.

Heres the piccies :)

Cute!
14138852a4357200027b327435080l.jpg

We see you ;)
Image00005.jpg

Listening ?
Image00008.jpg

Sleepy.
Image00007.jpg

Ratties :)
14138852a4357200404b212338776l.jpg

Sneaky rat ;)
Image00006.jpg

And if you have time can you pass comment on this image?
Image00003.jpg

Michael Balmain
(Mabs)

OMG your bunnies are so cute! I love lion heads. I think its abit in their nature to be scampy, well it looks like they should be anyway :lol:

The other picture is great but I hate to say the first and second things that came into my head were of a naughty nature and as this is a mixed age forun I'd better not say :lol: :oops:

Hello Mabster,

Welcome to the forum and your rather fast-growing family! Please be sure you definitely have two females :roll: ! Word of warning, we started with 2, we have 9 now (not accidental breedings, all choice).
With reference to your picture, it's rather surreal and I'd have been pleased to have taken it though rabbits and fireworks are more my line :D .

Neil

Cheers for the comments :)
I'll be checking Bailey the morn as I don't go that far on a second date ;)

It's going to extremely hard to resist expanding the fammily :)
I love em so much.
It is ok for a 19yr male to get all woozy over his babies? ;)

Cheers for the comments :)
I'll be checking Bailey the morn as I don't go that far on a second date ;)

It's going to extremely hard to resist expanding the fammily :)
I love em so much.
It is ok for a 19yr male to get all woozy over his babies? ;)

Yes it is ok and if you didn't already have a "O/H" this would be sure to bag you a few :lol:

Aw Cuties :D

How do your ratties get on with them? My ratties terrorise the buns if they have the chance. They hate eachother!! :eek:

The rats and them seem to get on rather well :)
Oakley used to be faired o them however she's getting braver. The rats 'Cheddar and Cheese' are a friendly pair and the only hosility shown is towards each other when there wrestling goes a bit too far.

:D They are still on the bed. I think I'm going to stick the bunnies in Bunny Towers for a bit as they have been on the bed for a few hours.

Mabs

Back