• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change of cage?

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
I'm finally going to set up Evo's new cage tomorrow. Will he be scared? Is there anything special I should do to help him get used to it? Cage will be in the same place as his current one. Should I put his litter tray in a similar position, or will he find it wherever I put it?

He is going from a normal 100cm indoor bunny cage to one of the deluxe bunny chalets. :D

I would expect that he'll be curious and keen to investigate :D
is there any way his old cage would fit into the new set-up temporarily until he gets used to it all?

I find whenever mine get new cages or hutches they just have one big adventure exploring it:D
If you put some of his regular toys in it then that will provide him with a familiar reassuring smell.
If you put his litter tray where you think he`ll like it ( you know him best ) he`ll happily use it, or if he`s anything like my lot he`ll soon let you know where he wants it!:lol:

Su.x

P.S. Just had a look at what he`s getting, looks fab.:D

Wow that looks great! If I ever manage to get my own house, I'd love something like that for my two.

I agree with the above posters, he'll probably love exploring. You could try putting a bit of his old bedding in there to let him get used to the smell. Also, you could let him have a couple of goes at exploring it before he moves in permenantly.

Wow, I remember when you posted thi sfrom before, It looks great I'm sure he'll love it. I think as his outer surroundings will be the same he would be fine and just to put some of his bedding and familliar toys. Awww Evo! Is he feeling back to his usual self now?

Back