• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very naughty mr. Fox!

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
...paid a visit to the bunnies last night! :shock:
it was scrabbling around (which woke us up), we looked out the window and there it was - pooing on one of Gaius & Flower's hutches! :shock:
opened the window and shouted... Foxy ran. went downstairs to check on buns, all were fine, and none seemed in the least bit bothered. I've asked the buns not to let their house-guests defecate on the roof next time :roll:
Seriously though... I do have plans in the pipeline to stop this from happening now ;)

Aww poor little bunnies, i am so glad they are ok and the fox never done anything to upset/disturb them... How rude though :shock: Poor buns hutch!!:roll: :rolleyes:
xx

Please ensure your bunnies living quarters are locked up as foxes can easily open catches etc that are on the hutches. Extra saftey measures are needed to protect your buns from a fox getting into their hutch.

You were very lucky.

Phew! Nasty Foxy.
Thats one reason I'm so pleased mine don't live outside.
Its crazy that it was brave enough to come so close to your house!

Last time I saw a fox walk through our garden was a few weeks ago, at lunch time. Not shy at all. When I ran out to chase it, it wasn't much in a hurry. Our foxes keep digging under one of the trees in the front garden to find stag beetle maggots. Luckily I haven't found much of their poo so far.

Please ensure your bunnies living quarters are locked up as foxes can easily open catches etc that are on the hutches. Extra saftey measures are needed to protect your buns from a fox getting into their hutch.

You were very lucky.

Bit of an assumption there:shock: :lol: - all the hutches do have extra bolts ;)
I have made all of the hutches very secure, as I know that there are foxes in the area...
I have plans now to make the area surrounding the hutches/runs fox-proof too, so that the foxes can't get so close :D

Bit of an assumption there:shock: :lol: - all the hutches do have extra bolts ;)
I have made all of the hutches very secure, as I know that there are foxes in the area...
I have plans now to make the area surrounding the hutches/runs fox-proof too, so that the foxes can't get so close :D

I wasn't assuming anything ;) Was just making a general statement as some people aren't aware of the harm that foxes can cause :)

a colleague of mine has just lost one of her buns to a fox in broad daylight :cry: ... it was out loose in the garden, in broad daylight, kids keeping an eye on the buns and went inside for a few minutes... that's all it took and thats happened twice to people I know now :cry: :cry:

a good idea is carpet gripper rod..nailed to wood and laid on top...weighted down of course.... and in front of hutches at night..and round runs during the day..Mr fox doesn't like prickled feet!
Oh and get your O/h to pee round perimeter of garden!:shock: :lol:

a good idea is carpet gripper rod..nailed to wood and laid on top...weighted down of course.... and in front of hutches at night..and round runs during the day..Mr fox doesn't like prickled feet!
Oh and get your O/h to pee round perimeter of garden!:shock: :lol:

You Leicester lot are a bit strange :shock: !
Only joking Jill :lol: :lol: !

Neil

I was born and brought up in Reading...a long time ago though when it wa a really nice place to live..surrounded by countryside...Ah the old days!:lol:

My sister lives in reading...:D
anyway, back to the point! :lol: I don't reckon I could get O/H to wee around the garden :? My dad wees around his chickens though and I really took the p*ss!!! (not literally :oops: )
I'm going to fence off the veranda and decking area for 2 reasons, 1: buns can have a large secure area to play 2: foxes won't be able to get close to the hutches.
I am considering bonding G&F with N&B and converting the big hutch/run into an extra large house for them all, and giving them the run of the veranda. All just plans at the moment, but I do think that they would all get on with each other :D
(this would also free up G&F's 5ft, 2 tier hutch for another foster;) :oops: :lol: )

Back