• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Easy filler bottles

lapin

Young Bun
Hi everyone,

I'm getting my first rabbit soon (very excited!) and I'm just trying to get organised. I've been looking at the John Hopewell easy filler bottles and wondered if anyone else has used them. Are they really much better than the normal bottles? They look expensive but if they will last, it might be worth getting one. Also, this might sound a bit silly but I'm not sure which size to get. My new bunny is coming from a rescue and I don't know exactly what breed she is, only that she's a large lop. I know every rabbit is different but in general, how much do they drink? I can't decide whether to get the half litre bottle or the litre one. I would obviously change the water regularly but if I was out for the day, I wouldn't want her to run out of water, especially with summer coming up.

I sound like such a novice! I'd really appreciate any advice!

Hi Lapin

Hi Lapin

Although I am new to this board I am an experiance bunny owner (like many of you). I find the eazy filler bottles fantastic (the ones with the screw lid at the top when the bottle is in place), they dont drip as much as the normal cheaper bottles. 1 of my buns is a 'Continental Giant' and goes through alot of water (a large lop will probably do too) so perhaps the litre one.

Not tried these I'm afraid, but just wanted to say that my buns often prefer a bowl to a bottle, so maybe have both for the new bun. At least that way, ther is less chance that they will run out of water.
Looking forward to pics when your new bun arrives:D

My buns like Helens also prefer to drink from a bowl.I also have bottles for them but it is very rare they drink from them:D

I much prefer these. The rabbits seem to drink easier from them and I've had mine 18months or so and unlike the other style the plastic hasn't gone britle yet.

Tam

Back