• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am thrilled!

Fionabun

Mama Doe
Hello all. I just have to tell you how thrilled I am. So thrilled that I am going out to get myself a takeaway shortly!

I have been concerned about a neighbours rabbit for such a long time. I posted about it here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=83519 back in January.

Well, things have been improving slowly and surely since then, and they have at least been feeding her every day. This 'simply' involved me precariously hanging myself over the fence :oops: :lol: each night at about 11pm catching the bloke having a cigarette and asking how bunny, Ruby, was doing. She has also been having a run in the garden every week, which is better than nothing. I have been harping on and on and on about the importance of exercise to them too, frankly wearing them down I think.

I took the opportunity to speak to them the other morning about her exercise as she hadn't had any for ages and ages and this afternoon, her owner has built her a fantastic 5ft by 6ft attached run :shock: :p :p :p :p .

They have one of those tall children's wendy houses and the hutch is attached underneath it. He has framed the whole thing in underneath with weld mesh, and cut a big hole in the back of the hutch, giving her a really good bit of space to hop around in permanently. It is about 3 ft high if not more.

I went round and gave them lots of my bunny's toys and tunnels so she is sitting in her big tub trug munching her hay and running through the tunnel and chucking her toys.

I suspect that she will still have a bit of a lonely life but I could work on that with them, but I suppose its better than lonely and cooped up in a 2-3ft hutch permanently.

Yay for lovely little Ruby!

It was nice to hear the man giggling away at her going through her tunnel and flipping the toys, they obviously didn't realise that bunnies like to play!

I'll need to speak to them tomorrow again as I think it might be straw that they have put in instead of hay tonight but I can't see for sure and they have gone on a night out.

Fiona x

Awwwww thats lovely...... its amazing how many buns spend their lives cooped up in a tiny hutch due to pure ignorance. Well done for passing on your knowledge and giving Ruby a better life.:D

Aw thanks so much. I can't stop staring at her! The run looks great.

I'm hoping that I don't need to hang over the fence every night now! :lol: My garden is much higher up than theres so I have had a couple of near misses over the fence.:lol: :lol:

I know they think I am a totally crazed weirdo rabbit lady but i don't care, Ruby can binky now!8)

Fiona x

Im so pleased they have listened to you and well done ! :D One more happy bunny in the world :D

:lol: They had no choice but to listen!! They couldn't miss me lunging over their fence every night for 5 months!!!!!! I have cried a lot of tears about poor Ruby so I look forward to seeing her a bit happier.

Aww thanks guys. I went out with my torch to watch her in the run for most of last night! :oops: :lol: She's a bit unsure (mind you probably because I was shining a torch in her face from the garden over the back) but seems to like her tub trug. They have definitely given her straw instead of hay I reckon so I'm going to have to go knocking later.:roll:

Fiona x

Well done :D That is great news! She sounds like a lovely little bunny and she will be a lot happier now thanks to you x

Back