• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new bunnies

kimd6200

Banned
hya been given two bunnies today.honey and rocky.they are both seven months old and brother and sister.the lady said they are perflees.could anyone give me any info on this breed?also they have been ringed and it says brc on it.what does this mean?god they are so gorgeous.gotta post pics when i can.
thanks
kim.xxx

Personally, Ive never heard of that breed :? The fact they are BRC ringed means they've been bred to certain standards, and could possibly be shown. I take it they arent together? Or are they neutered? Sound lovely you'll have to get pics, Are they friendly? xXx

no not together.seperate hutches.they are quite friendly.she said she had them lined up for shows but didnt have the time.ive never heard of the breed neither,german she said.ill try get some pics soon.x:)

no not together.seperate hutches.they are quite friendly.she said she had them lined up for shows but didnt have the time.ive never heard of the breed neither,german she said.ill try get some pics soon.x:)

Wow :D Are they big? Dont know why i imagine them to be big!!! :oops: Xx

no not realy.abit smaller than a french lop.their coat is like a bluey grey though.gorgeous!how do yuo show rabbits?x

they are a joy to own.so friendly.rockys got a bit of a temper though.think hes a stroppy teenager type of thing.what age arwe they sexualy mature?they are seven months old.if i had rocky neutured cud he go back in with honey?they are in a two tier hutch at the min.he keeps thumping realy bad though.x

Buns mature at around 4-5 months, depending on the breed, the bigger the bun the slower they are to mature. He is defiently old enough to be neutered, so have a look for an experienced vet who will do them both. Females should be spayed as it prevents womb cancer and other reproductive cancers that occurs in bascially all females aged 4 or older, sometimes sooner though, and once they get it, and by the time you have noticed it, poor bun will have to be put to sleep as it spreads very quickly as its agressive!:cry: It also will make her calmer, happier (no mad hormones) and will prevent any accidental pregnancies.

If you want to bond the two, she'll have to be spayed anyway otherwise he'll probably hump her all the time even after being neutered!;)

If you get them done at the same time you only need to wait until they have healed before you can bond them!:) I'd also ask the vet to cut off those rings as unless you are serious in showing, they are totally unneccessary.

Just a quick question, but when you say two teir hutch, what size is each teir? Buns need a hutch and a run, especially bigger buns like yours.;) Minimum should be 6ft x 4ft x 4ft with a nice big secure run so as they can binky and stretch.

Last edited:
If you have them spayed/neutered you won't be able to show them, but I don't think this is what you've got them for anyway. They are extremely rare and you're very lucky to have them as pets, they're so pretty!

As a point of interest their show careers would be pretty much over now anyway - fur breeds tend to only show until about 8 months old when they moult, after the next moult the fur tends comes back with a different, harsher texture, which makes them unshowable. Just incase anyone was interested :)

no dont want them for showing.they are in a 4ft two tier hutch only until tomorrow.,please dont go mad.i know this isnt big enough.getting them an extremley large hutch each with runs attached.arent sure why but feel proud to have two gorgeous bunnies like these two.going get rings taken off cuz not going show them and they scare me incase they get caught on anything.this might sound daft but is their diet the same?:oops: x

They sound lovely rabbits Kim and I am sure you are going to enjoy them. If you get them neutered and spayed, they could be bonded with each other and have companionship. Do you have any other buns?

yea ive got a 9wk old black and white french lop called thumper,a 2yr old cross called missy,a 3yr old multi coloured french lop called tesse and her seven 2wk old babies.so cute!thumper looks like princess rhia.could be twins!:lol: love them all so much!yea going get them all spayed neutered etc as soon as i have got the money.quick q though.how do i get them onto pellets instead of mixed food?x

Are these the ones Kim was given? Surprised they've not been entered on RR, or have I missed it? Have they been neutered?

Last edited:
Back