• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help

icklep360

Warren Scout
I picked Buster up at 6pm after his neuter, but I can't get him to eat, his poo's are really tiny.

Any ideas of what I could tempt him with PLEASE

Hi there. Hope he is ok, my little Archie was a bit shell shocked until the late evening when he got neutered

Mines usually find grass, dandelion leaves, grated carrot, coriander and spring greens quite tempting. Some people say little bits of apple and pear too are very tempting for bunnies.

Hope he feels better soon. If he is still a bit funny tomorrow, I'd get some pain relief arrnaged for him just to tide him over.

Fiona x

Did you find out what meds he had after his neuter? Squidgy had painkiller and some gut stimulant.
Squidgy wouldn't eat pellets for a few days after his neuter, he only wanted grass, dandelion leaves and grated carrot. We did have to take him back to the vets the following mornig for some more painkiller and gut stimulant.
Hope he feels better soon.

Yes, strongly flavoured things normally seem to go down well - coriander etc. Hope he gets better soon. :)

basil tends to be quite effective too :D and a grated appl/carrot mix :D could you also mix some pellets with cooled boiled water to often them into a paste? mine cant resist it :lol: almost fogot bannana works well too

hope buster feels better soon :love:

The fact that he is pooping is good, some buns do take a while to fully come round from their GA's. Keep an eye on him and try tempting him with his favourite foods. Don't panic just yet, many of my buns didn't really eat for a while after their GA's but I've only had one that I actually had to syringe feed and she's fine now.

i gave my bun some apple juice as he wasn't drinking too much at first. i left treats and stuuf in the cage but he only ate them the next morning our of my hand

xx

I syringe fed mine pureed carrot and apple. If you haven't got a liquidizer then you can buy a jar of pureed apple baby food (heinz).
Hope he eats soon!

I am not an expert but has he drunk anything? one of mine after her spay wouldn't eat a thing- pushed all food away. I then offered her water in a bowl and immediately she ate 4 pieces of carrot, after 4 hours of me laying on the kitchen floor and trying to hand feed her!! :lol: Hope he's better xxxx

Thanks for all the replies, I went out last night and picked some dandelion leaves for him. He started to eat after that.

The samples I ordered from Hay Experts arrived this morning too, so he's definatly pick up, he loved the oat hay one.

I checked his wound this morning and it nice and clean, it's not too swollen either.

Back