• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strange places for lost bunnies

following on from the naughty lola thread, where is the strangest place your bunnies have hidden or whats the most traumatic story you've got about losing your bunnies??

when Gus was a single bun, me & gail went out one night and left him free-ranging in the living room. we came back tipsy at 3am and couldnt find him anywhere. i was absolutely traumastised and completely panic-striken. i thought id left him in the garden by mistake, i searched the whole street and even climbed those ridiculous building site fences as they were still building houses behind us. 2 hours later i thought he was gone for good.....

until gail spotted a little black paw poking from underneath a chest of drawers in the living room. it was in the corner but somehow he'd squeezed his way to the back of it and got under it (only just). he couldnt reverse back out, and at the front there was only a gap of about 3 inches wide & 1 inch high. Poor thing was as traumatised as we were when we finally freed him.

i've never lost bracken or zeb thankfully and you've already read frida's story. and i've thankfully never lost Lola anywhere as she's far too big to miss :lol:

Hiya Sarah :wave:

I lost my previous bun Archie once! We had family round for tea and when i went to check on him i couldnt find him anywhere - he lived in the spare room and had no idea how he had got out of the room!

I had my Fiance's Mum, Dad, Brother, his brothers wife and daughter and my next door neighbours searching up and down the whole street, shouting for him and looking for him but he was no-where to be seen :shock: i was devastated and really thought he was gone forever.

Well, after everyone had gone home and it was about 2 in the morning, my Fiance had another look in our bedroom....he shouted for me to "come here i think you need to see this!"

So off i went into the bedroom and there the little bu**er was in my knicker draw, his little head poking out!!

Afterwards i asked my Fiance what made him look in my underwear draw!! :lol: :lol: his reply? "well he's male isnt he!" :lol:

Polly is the worst, she tears about & then gets behind stuff & under stuff. They are only allowed on the stairs & landing now unsupervised, cos there's nothing to hide behind!

And I find it quite hard to keep track of the bonded 9 in the living room sometimes:oops:

Oh & once Barley had killed her pillow:shock: there was white pillow-innards everywhere & when i walked in I thought it was Alex at first:shock: He was under the litter tray:roll:

the other morning when teegra got in the duvet case which had the hay bale in. absolutely terrified me!couldnt find him anywhere actually thought he had jumped out of the window :oops: or hidden somewhere and died

Last summer I lost BB for about an hour. She'd been out in the garden which is bunny and tortoise proof, but I couldn't find her anywhere.
I have often panicked when I couldn't find her, but usually she's well hidden under a bush.
This time tho' after about 15 mins of calmly moving all the bushes and going on hands and knees I started nearing hysteria, especially when OH told me he'd washed the car and "may have left the garage door open" (which is a cardinal sin in our house punishable by death....)
Eventually I had 4 sets of neighbours going up and down the road checking front and back gardens, my mum and dad came up, me and OH were frantically calling for her here, there and everywhere.
As time wore on people were starting to say things like "she must have slipped out" or "she'll turn up" whilst I'm trying to contain the inner scream.
I then decided to put her mate Joey in the middle of the lawn to see if she'd come out to him, and as I walked into their shed I heard a tiny scuffle.
In the corner was a set of metal shelves covered in chicken wire which was stapled to the walls and floor so the buns couldn't get to it, and underneath the bottom shelf which was about 6" high was my poor BB, who is a huge Frenchie.
I've still not worked out how she managed to get in there as we had to take it all down to get her out, but I've never felt so relieved in all my life!!!!

Needless to say OH will NEVER leave garage doors open again after he had visions of the ear bashing that was coming his way!!!

lol, this reminds me, my boyfriends house is on 3 floors. When his rabbits were little they were running around on the middle floor and we lost Puck. He stated panicking when we couldn't find her and convinced himself she'd got into a tiny gap in the bathroom airing cupboard and was in the floor boards suffocating from all the dust.

Luckily when he went upstairs to hit his saw she was sitting in the top hallway. It was her first stair climb and he didn't think she could do it. haha

Ahh the first stair climb!

When Inky lived in the house, I thought he was too small to climb the stairs, how wrong was I?

I was just about to go to work and I went to round him up, I tried all his usual places but he was nowhere. I finally found him under my brother's bed, it was really hard to extract him and I was late for work.

When Brandy has been sprayed, she had to stay the first days in the kitchen. One morning she was gone. The kitchen is small, and I searched everywhere - even in the living room, because I thought she had jumped over the fence at the door. Nothing, she had dissapeared. When I was searching the kitchen for the third time, I remarked the toolbox was not standing next to the stove, but some inches away, and at the back of the stove was a very small hole ...
I peeped through the small gap at the front of the stove and saw a twinkling nose. She has crawled through the hole at the backside under the stove and found a nice quiet place there. When I tried to get her out, she was a bit angry about it.
Luckily she did not gnaw on the electric cable.

Back