• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy's cage scratching and teeth scraping

Hi my rabbit Poppy when in her cage scratches the floor with her front paws(diggs) and at the same time scrapes her teeth on the floor with her front teeth any surgestions why she does this ?

she does this at night when your trying to sleep as well not just dueing the day to . and it's getting on my nerves and I think the rest of my family's nerves to any help please would great thanks .

the vet thinks she's just filing her teeth to keep them short and that's why she's scraping the front teeth on the floor . :?:

unless she's board ?
I don't know ?

here is a pic of her so you can see what she looks like .
below.
P1010004.jpg

I could get a pic of her doing this behaviour. but it might be tricky but I should be able to catch her in the act. if you want to see her in action doing it. :) just let me know on here and I weill take a snap of her .:)

any way enjoy this pic of her trying to love my fury slipers to bits with her licking them or going to lick them .
poppy actcherly stuck her head in my sliper in the photo oor was going to sorry she has the red eye syndrome off my camera but enjoy any way .
and rember any help with her problem I would be greatful for this. :D

hellooo,

My bunny does this ALL the time and I have no idea why... he has a girlfriend and has plenty of things to entertain him.. so it don't think he is bored..

Sometimes he scratches and bites his hutch then throws all the hay down until the bottom floor...drives me mad..! Not sure why they do it... hes not a particularly angry or aggressive bunny! Having said that we do hear him at like 4 in the morning having a good scratch in the corner of his hutch...maybe hes filing his nails who knows!

xxx

Mine does it too! He also scratches like a loon at his hay rack just to get it on the floor! No idea why, it's earned him the nickname Scwewy Wabbit!

I think it's probably natural behaviours like digging, pull up grass/root and chewing on branches. It looks a bit odd when they transfer this to cage/carpet though. You'll have difficulty stopping the behaviour because it's a rabbit being a rabbit but you can redirect it :)

For digging, provide a digging box. This can be a plastic crate or just cardboard, fill it with shredded paper, straw, hay, soil or a mix of several things. You can get their interest by scattering a few pellets in like a lucky dip :)

Another thing your bunny might enjoy is a tray of grass. Fill a seed tray will soil, sprinkle on some grass seed and water regularly. Once the grass has grown you bun can enjoy grazing the natural way and having a dig. Once the grass is cropped short remove the tray and let the grass regrow then repeat.

For chewing, cable tie some apple or willow sticks to the cage bars or dangle them somewhere so they swing about. It makes an interesting toy and something for your bun to sharpen his/her teeth on :)

Tam

my bunnies drive me mad with this. i have a big cage in the bedroom that i put them in at night to stop them keep jumping on my head while i'm asleep. but as soon as they get in there they bite the cage bars and rattle them ALL night til i get mad and let them out. glad i'm not the only one xxx

My two are very noisy too.. Tenor chews the bars of her cage at night, as does Fiver to an extent. It drives my family nuts!!

They both like digging the carpet and chewing anything they can get hold of!
Px

Back