• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lionhead grooming

Bobbygirl

Young Bun
Anyone can send me some tips on how to groom a lionhead. I am using a comb - like cat's- but it doesn't seem to be enough since the comb slides over my little fluffy's fur.

thanks to anyone that will answer! looking forward to receive!!!!!! lots of hops from bobbygirl :wave:

I use a cat brush on Marlon, the soft bristle type. I just brush through his coat normally then brush it all in the wrong direction (which makes him look more like a fluffy duster :oops: ) and then brush it all back again! Unfortunatley my little monster won't let me brush under his chin, and as I value my fingers :lol: I tend to brush the fur there to one side and do it from there so he's none the wiser!

Hope this helps!

Hiya

You're best off getting a comb like this one

http://www.pettastic-petsupplies.co.uk/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=324

Best way to groom fluffy buns (well that ive found) is to start at their bottom and kind of part the hair so you are brushing only small bit at a time. Then work your way towards their head. Don't forget under their chins as this area gets knotted up really easily.

Good luck!!

Yup i use the same comb with my lot.. i go over with that moulting comb first then use a normal metal cat flea comb.;)

Ok i'll try to find a comb like the one in the picture. Fluffy doesn't let me brush under her chin so i try to brush as much as possible from the sides. Brushing a bun is quite a task...gives me a lot of exercise too...:lol:

Thanks to all for your replies, you're helpful as always!!!!

Bobbygirl - Anna

Back