• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Safe Compost - Help needed

michelle&holly

Young Bun
Hi Guys

Well i've bought bunny sprouts, dandelion seeds & rocket seeds that i want to grow for Holly. I came back with Miracle Gro compact compost & my mum said it might not be safe to grow things for Holly in it.

What do you guys think? I have emailed the company but they haven't replied.

Miracle-Gro is artificially enhanced with chemicals and nutrients - so you won't get organic plants grown from it.

I suppose this won't be any different to shop bought produce, as farmers will use pesticides etc too - but it depends on exactly what is added to the compost?

Could you get some nice natural "earth" instead?

I just use earth out of my garden to grow stuff for the bunnies. We have our own greens etc. They grow fine and the rabbits love them!

Hi guys thanks for the advice.

I have managed to salvage some earth from our graden - but its quite stony down here. Might go to homebase tomorrow & try & find some organic compost.

Have just planted dandelions, bunnysprouts & rocket but want to get some more pots on the go.

Didn't think about bunny poo - plus just remembered my mum & dad have 2 composters which has all natural stuff in it - so i could use that can't i?

:D

Yes!! Raid the compost bins and mix this with the earth you already have and that'll be just perfect!!

Remember to top up the compost bins with your buns litter tray contents and you'll get even better compost next year!

Back