• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging

angel_night

Mama Doe
My rabbit Dusty seems to adore digging :roll: . Despite having plenty of toys to chew, throw around etc and a large run to run about in she has taken about this habit. She has dug 3 holes in my garden in about 4 days. Two of which she dug today, and shes been attemtping to dig in her hutch lol. Which doesn't really work as it has a solid floor lol.

Anyway, does anyone know how I can try and stop this? Just my parents aren't best pleased, so the rabbits have had to go onto a concrete area which isn't so much fun for them as being on grass.

Ruth xx

For some reason my Ra has started digging today - he's dug an enormous hole under a conifer which all the rabbits have taken turns in either digging, or lying in today. I've filled it in twice today, and as soon as I turn around he's at it again!!!
They've had a great time doing it though....I'm sure they'll all sleep well tonight!!

Haven't got a clue how to stop them though - it's just what rabbits do!!!- unless you try appealing to their good nature and tell them that they're very naughty bunnies!:lol: :no:

If it's now that the weather has warmed, it may be so they can cool off, as often laying/sitting in the soil/earth is cooler. ?????

Lillie went through a mad time and had 4/5 holes on the go at one time :lol: Then she seemed to fill her main project in, which Trooper didn't seem to pleased about :lol: :p

Kirsty xx

I had Polo and Oscar in the back room the other night, and i put a litter tray in for them with clean megazorb, and Polo got in and kicked every single bit of megazorb out.

Out of all of my buns, Oscar is the only one that doesnt dig. Opal and benjiamin are so bad, that when i put megazorb in their hutch bit, by the end of the day.... all of it is in their run....

My 2 r diggers as well - I jsut cant stop them. Not good as it's a communal garden. I tried putting tough lastic mesh down on top of the grass, and they just managed to pull a bit up and eat holes then dig anyway :rolleyes: so I have rubber matting and Im away to lay that under the run. I feel bad depriving them of grass, but it cant be helped. It's nice evenings here now and I hate having to shut them in but I cant trust them on grass not to dig their way out! Anyways, I have big scissors and cut the long grass from the rest of the garden and give them at least 2 or 3 big trays full a day so they;ll still get some

Back