• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Cage!!!!!! :) :) :)

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
here it is!!!!!! :D
didnt go 100% to plan as i originally was going to put the cage in the recess and then dismantle the crate however teegra gave me the 'look' (you know the one the 'why are you taking my favourite posession' look) so at the moment the crate is still up and in the room so will see how the works out :?

sooo here they are!!

the cage

newcage002.jpg

top level

newcage005.jpg

middle level

newcage006.jpg

bottom level

newcage007.jpg

couple of cute bunny pics

newcage013.jpg

stretchy toes!

newcage019.jpg

ooo food!

newcage021.jpg

exploring

newcage023.jpg

newcage026.jpg

yummy parsley bell

newcage029.jpg

the crate

newcage033.jpg

the cage (as you can see there is still space for 2 dustbins between the 2 cages)

newcage034.jpg

and space to run (and you can see the wee wee stains on the floor :roll: )

newcage035.jpg

What do you think? do you thnk it is ok with the crate up aswell or would it be better to take it down?

forgot to add would reccomend this cage 100% lovely and big and sturdy :D

Lucky, lucky buns. It looks fab!

I would leave the crate for a few days, until they are used to the cage, and then move everything into the cage so the crate is boring to them, then it's up to you if you think the space can be better used without the crate in there.

I love the pic of duchess asking to be groomed and Teeg's is looking at his toesies and saying sorry but my pedicure is more important! :lol:

WOW! Your new cage looks fantastic:shock: :D :D

Please don`t let Dooley see it, i`ll have a riot on my hands!!!!!:roll: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

RE: the toys 2 are parrot toys from a local pet shop although im pretty sure they sel them anywhere the other one is a bunny kabob (you can buy them most places) with various things on it i think atm it has loofa, cactus and wood chews :D and the purple one is a slinky :lol: :lol:

It looks GREAT! :D Wish i had bunnies to go in that cage,oh and i wish i had the cage too that would be handy!

I love the layout,you've done a fab job!

Ax

PS Cute bunster piccies :love:

o wow it looks fab, i love your set up! Do you think this cagen would be any better than a 48 inch dog crate (which i have at the moment) for a frenchie? Sorry dont mean to take over you thread :oops:

Looks absolutely fantastic! I get paid tomorrow, cant wait to order mine *eeep!* Whats the bar spacing like? Would is be suitable for male rats do you think?

I got a dangly wooden "parrot toy" from wilko's, very cheap cheap from there! Ha ha.

ooo I'm so tempted! Can they stand up in it? I reckon Duches is probably a bit smaller than Barney though.

I really hate the dog crae they have doesn't go well with the decor don't you know. WHatevers best for them though itsn't it :lol:

I can't belive you are considering removing their crate withought there permission :lol: :lol:

o wow it looks fab, i love your set up! Do you think this cagen would be any better than a 48 inch dog crate (which i have at the moment) for a frenchie? Sorry dont mean to take over you thread :oops:

not sure if a frenchie could do the ramps and get up throught the holes tbh (but then again i have never actually seen a frenchie :oops: so im sorry i cant really help you there)

bizzy_vicki said:
Looks absolutely fantastic! I get paid tomorrow, cant wait to order mine *eeep!* Whats the bar spacing like? Would is be suitable for male rats do you think?

if they are anything like my bucks used to be then i would say the spacing is fine (in fact i get quite sad when i go in the room as it is where the rat cage used to be and i automatically look for ratties in there :cry: :cry: if i had space for another one i would get one and fill it with ratties though :D :D

IsabelM said:
I got a dangly wooden "parrot toy" from wilko's, very cheap cheap from there! Ha ha.

ooo I'm so tempted! Can they stand up in it? I reckon Duches is probably a bit smaller than Barney though.

I really hate the dog crae they have doesn't go well with the decor don't you know. WHatevers best for them though itsn't it

I can't belive you are considering removing their crate withought there permission

mine seem to stand in it ok (maybe not stretch quite as far as they would when free in a room) but quite happily stand up in it (i think it is about the 8th pic you can see duchey standing up on her back legs to explore :D)

thanks again everyone :D i think (hope) the bunnies like it only had one incident so far where duchess got up to the second level but couldnt get down again :roll: there is food on every level though now so if she did get stuck at least she wouldnt have to go without her grub even for a second :lol: :lol:

Abi, where was the parsley bell from, it looks like it might be yummy... (for buns, not for me obviously!).:)

WOW looks REALLY great!!!

My buns come in in the winter and they have a 48" dog crate but after seeing that I will def get mine one for this winter!!!

I think you should leave their crate up for a bit too-until they are used to their new home.

k x

Abi, where was the parsley bell from, it looks like it might be yummy... (for buns, not for me obviously!).:)

i got it from the hay experts :D
there is also a carrot troll on order but not here yet and that looks yummy too!

the bell smells soo nice!! reminded me of christmas though :? :lol:

:lol: :lol: Do you have many parsely bells at Christmas?

:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah my stocking is full of them :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont know what it reminded me of sort of a mulled winey smell although my sister says it just smelt like grass :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahhhh ok then never mind he'll just have to keep the crate, everything gets flicked out of the sides though :roll: bunnies ay!

Back