• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A question for Rescues

The first reason isn't necessarily the actual reason either. I get lots of enquiries from people wanting to hand over a bunny via RR. If they start with a fixable reason like 'my females turned aggressive' and I reply - try neutering, you usually get back. Oh well, we don't have much time any more anyway.... The amount of people that emmigrate is amazing too :shock:

Do you get people that seem to think they're doing you the favour by giving you bunnies? .... I have this lovely xxx bunny that really friendly and will make someone a great pet. Let me know if you're interested.'

My aggressive bunny Tammy was given to us because she kept the neighbours awake by thumping all night. Not heard a peep from her apart from the growling....

The first enquiry I ever dealt with about taking in guinea pigs was with a lady whom had bred her guinea pigs hoping to make 'a quick buck'. She had 4 sows she was breeding, her aim was that they would all give birth at the same time. On her second litters with number 3 on its way, she couldn't 'rid of' the remainder of the second litters. She rang initially denying that she had intentionally bred them, asking if I would find homes for them as she couldnt cope with all the babies. I agreed a time when she could bring them round, when I mentioned about a donation to help towards feeding them whilst we were looking for homes for them, she got quite angry and then told me she expected me to give her £5 for each of them as she was doing me a favour by giving them to us :roll: :shock:

lol Janice I have loads of people trying to charge me to take their animals away.

Yeah - someone said at work once "I got 5 buns you can have if you want them?" I was like "thank you so much!!!" & then went off on one!!! I did direct them to a couple of Rescues - I was full up after the free-ad baby incident:shock: :lol:

Yes, I take as much history as I can get. Usually the ones that say they are giving the rabbit up because it is aggressive, I find the rabbit is not aggressive just scared and unloved! I also try to encourage people to keep their rabbits! and persevere with them, but it usually fails :shock:

Back