• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding two unrelated does?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I know some of you have trios or mixed groups but does anyone has a pair of unrelated does living together, neutered and introduced as adults?

Is this considerably more problematic than other pairings? What should be watched out for when introducing them?

thanks! x

Why?:D

Erm - yes. I had Sugar & Spice (sisters) & bonded them with Caramel (Bridge bun) all about 6mths old & pre spays. Got boys in with them a couple of weeks later. Apart from that mine have all been mixed sexes

After a pretty difficult bonding, Tilly & Boo were fine together. Although I think it was just difficult cos Tilly was really possessive over me :roll: Xx

Thanks Becki I'd forgotten about you getting Boo and Tilly together xx

... Tilly looking after her friend as she crossed the bridge

DSC00325.jpg

..... Go for it Mandy :) Xx

Got a bun in mind?? ;) We've experienced one difficult bond. Charlie and Tia took about 6 months, a lot of biting and plenty of humping to bond. Whereas Dandelion and Florence bonded instantly! So did Rosie did Leo. It's hard to judge really. I'm not sure I agree with introducing them over time. We did this Charlie and Tia and they had already establised teritory so I think this made it more difficult. They were find on neutral terrritory but as soon as we put them somewhere else the fights started. With the others we just put them together straightaway and had no problems. This is just my opinion and I'm sure other people will have different experiences

I started the bonding off of midnight and alby of for Joy their owner, they had been introduced on non neutral territory and nearly killed each other. I had them over with me to start with and they were snuggled up to each other and very trust worthy within 4 or 5 days. These were both adult buns.

The one thing I would suggest is to tdo your home work on ensuring that territory is neutral. It is worth it in the long run as it saves the hastle.

I also started Romy off who has Darcy, with 2 single girls Oreo (now Beatrix) and Annie, Romy is doing a good job with them at the moment, they have been together for a week now, whilst they are having the odd squable for most of the time they are fairly chilled out. Darcy is 3, Oreo is 1 and Annie was 1 year old.

I introduced my two does on neutral territory about 2 months ago. initially the one doe (dusty) was a bit aggressive, but within about a week they had calmed down and were grooming and cuddling up to each other. they went in the hutch at night together after about a 2 weeks. i put them in the doe who wasn't territorial and was the more submissive of the two, and no fights broke out.

they love each other now lol. they were both unrelated.

Ruth xx

I bonded the girls I got from cannock and had no trouble at all, in fact they were gload of the bunny trouble. Years ago I had loads of trouble with Beatrix and Maisie thou :lol:

I think it depends on their personalities Mandy. Shadow and Jess wouldn't have any of it when I tried to bond them but in a group they are ok together. If Audrey and ??? ;) are fairly easy going I think you'd be fine.

Back