• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grandpa Has Had Another CVA -U/D 25th March

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry:

He was fine all day but over the last hour has lost all co-ordination and seems unaware of his surroundings :cry:
His heart sounds OK but his respiration rate is way up. He has had all relevent emergency treatment and is back in his pen next to Maggie.
Its not looking good for Grandpa Gregory......:cry: :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Hope tonight that Grandpa has a stable night and shows some improvement over time, we all know that he will be well looked after by Jane and Maggie

:cry: Oh No! Poor Grandpa - it's so distressing to see them like this :(

Come on now Grandpa - you can do this - you can fight it like you did the last one.

Sending loads of healing vibes to him - I know how crucial the next 48 hours are :(

xxxxxxxxxx

Grandpa is still with us:) He remains very wobbly but appears to be aware of his surroundings again. It also seems that he has a sore mouth:cry: We know he has a few molar spurs but a GA really was to be a last resort. Attempting to burr them without GA is something Grandpa could not cope with. He gets very stressed when anything is done to his mouth:cry: :cry: We will be speaking with Christobel later.

Janex

Grandpa does have an infection in his mouth :cry: He had this a few weeks ago and it cleared up with a course of Baytril. So he is back on that plus some Metacam. His Tum is also very sluggish and gassy so he has had some metoclop' and Infacol.
Grandpa appears to be more co-ordinated now and is eating a little. So we will just see how he gets on over the next few days.

Janex

Grandpa is feeling MUCH better :D He has regained his co-ordination and his mouth is not so sore :D
Today he is back to full on chinning. He chins his Teddy, me, anything and everything!!

I am so pleased my old man has rallied again :D

Janex

Back