• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hope ...further Diagnosis.....

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Back from the vets ....

Hope definatly has brain damage . still unsure what has caused it but strongly suspect EC. she could have had this since she was a baby as for it to get to this stage she must have had it some time

Her eye sight is ok but she has very slow pupil reaction in one eye and hardly any in the other . just like people who have had head injuries or something like meningitus which has damaged the brain .

my poor baby is less than 2 yrs old:cry: :cry: :cry:

She is now on steroids . we will know within 2 days if these will make a difference or not ....

we did discuss blood tests but vet wanted to try this first as she couldnt see anything realy significant showing up .

only draw back of steroids is their could be side effects and if she has a liver problem it could make things worse ....

if this doesnt work i dont think there are many alternatives left .:cry: :cry:

i go on hols in less than 2 weeks and although i know Tracey will take good care of her ....im gonna be worried sick:? :cry:

So sorry to hear about Hope - she's a beautiful girly - is she a Frenchie? Hope the steroids help her. Claire x

Fingers crossed that things work out ok and that you can enjoy your break

Long term EC damage is such a terrible worry. I wish the treatments were better

Fiona x

Back