• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter trained girls vs boys

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
All my boy bunnies are litter trained, and not one of my girl bunnies is litter trained, the boys just always got it straight away but my girls dont seem to get it lol I was wondering if anyone noticed the same with their buns or do you find it the other way around, id love to know how everyones buns are different.
Sallyx

unsure on this one

Gus is a nightmare - he'll wee in the tray and nowhere else but he poos wherever he feels like it :lol: zeb on the other hand is meticulous unless theres another bunny around then he poos allover

Of my girls, Lola uses her tray but will sprinkle poos around if she wants to. Bracken is appalling, although she finally has started weeing in her tray (which currently is in the middle of the room which is where she wants it), she only poos in it on occasion. Frida though is spotless and its really rare that she goes outside it.

The thing that i've actually noticed with mine is that the 2 youngest who i've had since they were 8 weeks old are the cleanest - i trained them both within a day. I didnt get Gus until he was 6 months old, Lola was 3 or 4 and Bracken was 6 or 7. Maybe because they learnt later in life they arent so neat?

Phewww, i thought it was my parenting skills:lol:
Tinker is absolutely terrible, little poo monster but has mastered the art of weeing in the tray...just.
Dillon took to it strait away.
But what I have found it is like the battle of the poos, just wandering if it is a territory? Dillon seems to have put his litter training to one side for the last 3 weeks:?

Snowflake decided the sofa was her spot from hmmm hmmm about 2 days after having her :lol: - but now there is a litter tray there and shes very good at going in it... Isaac took all of a half a day - becausse he just followed her :roll: :lol:

Harvey always uses the trays, but then i had him from a young age and he's always done it from day one. Ive had Lola 10 months now, and only recently is she starting to use the trays more, nearly all her wees now go in there, but she still poos randomly! :roll: :lol:

Out of mine, they all wee in their trays, with the exception of our newest rescue Millie, who's not been spayed yet and then she only wees occasionally when she goes near the other rabbits through the wire - territorial spraying I assume.

They do poo in their trays, but more often than not, they'll just poo wherever :roll:

My girls are both litter trained. Daisy does both in her little tray but occasionally poos where ever she likes. Fidget wees in her tray but she lets you know when she wants it cleaning out by weeing anywhere... :roll: :lol:

My 2 took a while to get the hang of the litter tray, and now wee and do most of their poops in it, with a few poops scattered about where they have been eating their treats or hay.

Back