• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squeaking?? Help!!

mumofthumps

Alpha Buck
My bunnies are in their hutch at the moment whilst i tidy the living room up, for the past few days we noticed one of them seems to be sqeaking every now and then like a guinea pig. I have just witnessed it again and it seems to be lily and she just went for thumper!! not visiously it didnt seem like a fight and they are friends straight after but im not sure what this could mean? is she scared of him? She isnt spayed yet I have to sort this out in the next few weeks - but she did start humping him about a weekish ago jane on here said it meant she wanted ot be mated. is this hormones do u think? Please help!!!

My female is spayed,but still grunts and can be quite vocal every now and again, as she can sometimes be a bit grumpy! It sounds as though she's having hormonal "I wanna be left alone" moments, and your other bun has yet to respect this. Spaying should help a lot. :) If they are scuffling, keep an eye on them, as you don't want any injuries.

Hey :) I wouldnt be too worried to be honest, it does sound purely hormonal. Get her speyed and It'll probably more or less disappear ;) You'd be pretty scared if you heard the noises Rhia makes :shock: :lol: Xx

my hubby said maybe she had guinea pig genes :roll: she looks quite grumpy lol thumper is oblivious though he is eatign through the food little chubster lol thank you for your help i was worried she was frightened onyl ever had singular male bunnies before! :):wave:

My female will "pounce" and grunt or growl, when she's in a grumpy mood, but it's more of a warning that trying to cause harm, sounds hormonal to me!:D

Back