• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got a few questions!!

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Ok firstly im pretty happy as a women that does my work is moving away and unfortunatly the vet told her that taking her rabbit on an 8 hour trip would be to stressful for him....
soooooo she said i could take him if i wanted :) :D .
Well he will have his own hutch/run etc but...
I already have a male rabbit and was wondering if it would be ok to let them out in the same room together or maybe bond them..

I know its best a male and female but they are both male. Her bun has been neutered and is 6 years old but mine is only 2 and still waiting to be neutered but will be getting that done in a couple of weeks...obviously i wouldnt put them together until Pringle has been neutered..

Just curious..
Thanks x

Depending on where your friend is going to work, it may be possible for her to take her rabbit with her if she wished to do so. Amerythyst (sp) is about to move to Spain with her group of rabbits and piggies, they are going by car / boat / car.

From my own personal experience you either bond rabbits or you don't, it is not wise to put two or more rabbits together for short periods of time then separate them. Putting them together for floor time is not a good idea and can lead to serious injuries.

A male / female pair and 2 females are the easiest pairing to do and the more reliable of any pairings. It is possible to bond two males although this is can be trickier than any other combination and is also not as reliable. I would not even consider doing this unless they have both been neutered for a few months to allow the hormones to drop and you have good access to neutral territory. If you havent got neutral territory you would need to start preparing a few weeks in advance to ensure that this does not complicate or prevent you from pairing up.

If you have not paired up rabits before, please do not pair up 2 boys yourself, please seek help from someone who is experienced in pairing up rabbits.

I agree you should definately wait until your boys hormones have died down after his op and this can take 6weeks, and like jrn said if you're going to bond you need to go for it once and for all and not just give them time together and then split them again. Personally tho I think boy pairs can work really well. Bondings really depend on the temperament of the rabbits and if you have two easy going boys, or even just one, they can be great friends. I bonded Squirrel and Thumper two boys and they are now part of my group of buns but they are still best mates and hang out together all the time.

I have no experience of boy/boy pairings, but maybe the fact that he's a little bit older may help as he may be more mellow, however, likewise, it could hinder as he may be stuck in his single bachelor ways. I can vouch though that putting a lot of time and effort into bonding properly, and being prepared, can work well.

Thanks everyone!
Pringle is a realy friendly rabbit towards everything and anyone! i will wait and see how the new bun settles in first. i might just keep them seperate and find pringle a g/f still :D x

Back