• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

trying to get to grips

luvabun

Warren Veteran
with my dslr camera (that I've had since January :roll: )
I wanted to have the out of focus background and the subject i.e. bunnies in focus...
DOH! got the bamboo in focus and a fuzzy Totti

brekkers010.jpg

brekkers006.jpg

brekkers007.jpg

grrr :roll:

lol are you using manual or automatic focus?

gorgeous buuny pics btw :love:
Hi Abi :wave: I was hoping you'd read this :) auto focus... I guess I should have used manual?

p.s. we have the same camera... how do I get the f-number lower? I turn the dial and can only get it down to 4 (which as you can see, still has the background in focus)

:? mine goes straight doen to 2.8 are your changing it on 'M' or 'A'?
dont know if that might affect it?

if you put it on manual focus (dial thing on the left side of the camera (c-af, s-af, mf) then if you press the magnify button on the back of the camera so zoom into the centre you should be able to get a better idea of what is in focue then use the focusing ring on the front to get it perfect

ummm other than that not sure :oops: :oops:

edit: forgot to say the camers does try and help you when using the magnify thing as you get little symbols underneath (arrows to show which way to turn the dial and a dot when it is in focus)

:? are your changing it on 'M' or 'A'?
dont know if that might affect it?

if you put it on manual focus (dial thing on the left side of the camera (c-af, s-af, mf) then if you press the magnify button on the back of the camera so zoom into the centre you should be able to get a better idea of what is in focue then use the focusing ring on the front to get it perfect

ummm other than that not sure :oops: :oops:

edit: forgot to say the camers does try and help you when using the magnify thing as you get little symbols underneath (arrows to show which way to turn the dial and a dot when it is in focus)
I'm changing it on A.
Have switched to manual focus.. the magnify button.... is that the "focus check button" :? never used that before :oops: of to try another shot... thanks for your help Abi :D

Back